Vermont "Duck Stamp" Gone The Way Of The Dodo?

Share Hunting info.
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Vermont "Duck Stamp" Gone The Way Of The Dodo?

Post by Salmoneye »

Is it just me?

First I heard of the state dropping duck stamps, was today at the Town Clerk's office when she handed me a 'license' form to fill out...

I can not find a press release on this, and it had to have been in the works for at least a year now...

I will be calling Bill Crenshaw to voice my displeasure at the lost revenue due to 'collector' purchases...

I usually buy two (both state and fed), as I wanted one for 'emergency guest use', and or one for the safe that was unsigned...

Town clerk told me she had no less than ten people so far that came in looking to buy simply for collector use that walked away unhappy, including 'summer residents'...

That's at least $75 from one office so far that will not be used for conservation...
There was a young man from Nantucket...
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Re: Vermont "Duck Stamp" Gone The Way Of The Dodo?

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

That's odd. I still had to buy mine when I got my license, but it's a printed right onto the paper copy as I did it online. Heard there was a severe shortage due to the losses at the state offices in Waterbury.
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Re: Vermont "Duck Stamp" Gone The Way Of The Dodo?

Post by Salmoneye »

MarknFish (Mark) wrote:That's odd. I still had to buy mine when I got my license, but it's a printed right onto the paper copy as I did it online. Heard there was a severe shortage due to the losses at the state offices in Waterbury.
Nope...

No "Duck Stamps" at all...

It's a "sticker" on your 'license'...

Not happy...
There was a young man from Nantucket...