Turkey Season - B Mobile Jake

Share Hunting info.
mac
Species: Salmon, Trout and Bass

Turkey Season - B Mobile Jake

Post by mac »

Been out and have seen birds but the Tom's so far have been henned up and non responsive to calling. Got one Gobbler to respond off the roost but did not come my way as he had 4 hens with him.

I purchased a BMobile Jake to agitate Mr Tom.. Last Sunday Bmobile Jake pulled in 5 deer for me... He is coming with me this fall to my bow stand.

Of course no Turkeys came around but hope to use the decoy again on Saturday.

Goodluck.
VTgooseman
Species: Fish with Teeth!

Re: Turkey Season - B Mobile Jake

Post by VTgooseman »

All I can say is that the only luck Ive had this season is BAD luck......... First morning, Two Toms and two hens come out right to the decoy and I shoot. And they all run off...... Im shocked as I haven't missed a Turkey in 8yrs! 40 yards and not a twig between us.

The second morning comes and I meet up with my brother to hunt the same area as the first day. Much to our surprise there are 4 Toms hammering off the roost. We had two Dave Smith hen decoys and a B-Mobile Tom decoy out. They pitch down in the field and we plan on pulling a double. I count to 3 and we shoot. His bird folds up and the one I was shooting at flys off. At this point Im ready to wrap my Benelli around one of the Maples near by. I was so angry that I had missed two big Toms in two days. I know everyone misses but something is wrong. We grab his bird and head for the truck. There wasn't any sign that my bird was hit so we call it a day.

As we get back to the truck and get looking over his bird we hear another Tom across the road and I grab my gun. I look down at it as I load up and notice my rear Tru Glo sight is gone! From what I can figure is that the set screw loosened up and it allowed the sight to slide back on the dove tail causing me to shoot way high. The sight was there when I shot but must have fallen off while walking back to the truck.

I guess on a good note is that I have had birds around me for all 10 days of the season. Had a Tom at 50 yards for an hour today but that is too far for me to shoot. I hope to go seal the deal on him tomorrow.

Lesson learned. Check your sights on a regular basis. Ive never had a problem with this sight til now. But I can assure you I wont forget to check it more often. Good luck in the woods, and stay safe.
mac

Post by mac »

Sounds like your into Birds... Keep plugging away you'll get one of those Gobblers.

Saw a Gobbler in Full Strut this morning in a driveway on the way to work. Saturdays weather forecast looks good.. They should be strutting in the fields I hope.

Goodluck
VTgooseman

Post by VTgooseman »

Well I went back and set up on the edge of the field I worked him in yesterday and the result was much better today! He had 4 hens with him but I was set up between him and his hens at first light. He gobbled 4 times and flew right to the decoy. The Benelli wrote the rest of the story. Here he is, 20lbs 8 1/2" beard and 1" spurs.

mac

Post by mac »

Awesome!!! Hope to update this post tomorrow afternoon.
VTgooseman

Post by VTgooseman »

Goodluck out there! Ill be fishing tomorrow but Ill be back out in the Turkey woods Sunday.
mac

Post by mac »

Got up @ 2:50am was in my spot by 4:45am heard one gobbler on the roost miles away. Put out Jake BMobile and 3 Sceery hens... At 6:50AM had three jakes come in so I decided to punch one tag as the rest of my hunting time is limited for the rest of May.

VTgooseman

Post by VTgooseman »

Good work! Glad you knocked one down, now you hold out for the big one and still have meat in the freezer.
mac

Post by mac »

Yep, that tis the plan if I can get back out. Looking forward to sharing the harvest with friends.

goodluck
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Congrats on the birds guys!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
mac

Post by mac »

Thanks WFW...

Still trying to catch up to the Gobblers that posed for my camera the week before season. Maybe they went on vacation for the month of May?