158 lb 5 point

Share Hunting info.
spinner
Species: salmon

158 lb 5 point

Post by spinner »

Well i must say that I have had my share of action this year. I went out for the night shoot after getting a nap from working night shift. Got in the stand at 4 on Wednesday and about 40 minutes later I could see a bush or a tree moving. I put the field glasses on it and I could see deer. Turned out to be two bucks , a unicorn and a small fork horn. After coming out of the thick stuff they stayed on a small grassy area and then I heard deer coming in on the other side of me. As soon as I saw them they must have winded me and they took off bounding away. I looked back and the two bucks were still there and remained there for another 20 minutes before walking back into the thicket. 30 minutes later I heard deer again from were the 3 deer ran away from and it took a few minutes and then I saw 1 deer and in an instant it went behind some branches. I could hear him scraping the ground and then he presented me with a shot at 6:05. I took the shot and I thaught I missed him because I did not hear a thing and it looked like I missed him by an inch. The buck went into the thicket and I never heard a crash. 40 minutes later I went and grabbed the arrow and got to the log road and put a light on it and saw a couple of hairs and that was it. Got home under better light and noticed a small amount of blood. The next morning I washed the arrow in hot water and I could feel alittle fat on it. I was not feeling all that good about things. That morning I returned to the same stand and locked myself in and two minutes later 3 deer went screaming thru and stopped and went on another tear out of site. I thaught that maybe one of those buck were on a chase but after 45 minutes nothing came thru. I thaught if they were not being chase then there was something they did not like over there because the wind was right in my face all the time. I got out of the stand at 9 and went to check out the scrap then on a short 80 yd walk I could see what looked to be a deer laying about 80 yds away and sure all hell there he was. The shot was a fatal shot right thru the wind pipe complete pass thru. I sent the pic's to my son and I will see if I can get him to post them.
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Re: 158 lb 5 point

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Congrats! Hope to see a pic! Just goes to show you always follow up on your shots!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Pattywhacker
Species: Game Fish

Post by Pattywhacker »

I've gotta start to charge for my picture uploading abilities
Attachments
photo 2 (3).JPG
photo 1 (4).JPG
Brett "Pattywhacker" Patnaude
'If you can't hunt, fish; If you can't fish, hunt'
Wellsley (Frank)