Rotary Report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
4cs
Species: Salmon, Trout

Rotary Report

Post by 4cs »

Our weekend started a little early, Brian and I took the 4cs out for a shakedown cruise up in the Inland sea on thurs. and was pleasantly surprised, all systems were a go !!! Started out friday morning with Bill Lowell, Brian Pratt and myself for the first fishing trip of the year on the 4cs. We setup in Town farm bay with a slow start, hit one salmon then nothing as we searched around looking for them, decided to head over to Converse and we pickup a couple more salmon on the way but as we rounded Thompson and started our run towards Garden we popped a nice 4.3lb salmon right in fron of Buckwheat bay. Continued to make the run between Garden and Thompson and we were landing some nice salmon all in the 3 to 4lb range and a few lakers mixed in. The best part of the morning was watching Bill trying to land an 8lb laker on his light 7 1/2' Vance rod. That fish took Bill left then right then would pull more drag and poor Bill would have to start all over again, Brian had enough time to have a smoke while Bill was try to get that fish close enough to land, after a good 20 minute battle we finially get the fish in the net and after some good laughs we actually get the the fish revived and off it swam. The bite slowed and was mainly lakers so we headed off back to Town farm and continued to pick at the salmon the rest of the day.

Saturday Bill was going to be fishing on his boat with a friend so we were joined by my cousin Kevin. We setup up just south of Thompsons in 3 to 4fters, this could be a long day and as the mornin progressed it was we went 1 for 5, it was one and done before we could even get to the rods, sort strikes on the cheaters Then around noon we were cleaning lines, we were picking up seaweed especially on the mini divers was even thinking about pulling them but decided to set them back up. Put a Fathead sppon on the starboard mini diver and sent it back out, about 10 minutes go by and doesn't that rod with the mini diver with the Fathead spoon just start throbbing and the fsih coming out of the water way back. Brian gets to the rod and the fish comes out a couple more times, we can see it's a nice fish so we get the lines cleared and Kevin gets the net under the fish and in the boat, very nice fish. We measured about 7lbs on our scale so off the the weight station we. What a nice bumpy ride in 4fters to the weight station, official weight 6lbs 13ozs 26" long go for 4th place, this really puts us in a good mood after a slow morning. We get set back up and for the rest of the afternoon continue to pick up salmon with a few lakers thrown in the mix. Best lures for us were the Purple Demon followed by the Fathead, Fat Buzzy and Sausage Grazy.

Sunday we decide to go after lakers to see if we could match anything up with the salmon for the team competition, we managed a few but the biggest was only 10lbs.

Then I get a call from Crazy Ivan, they are headed for the weight station with a nice fish so I wait for the call back with the details. 7lbs 12ozs good for 3rd place, thanks alot ole buddy, pal, business partner for dropping us down to 5th, LOL Alls good though, Crazy Ivan Lure team takes 2 out of the top 5 places. Also congrats to Mike (LazyC's) and crew for a well deserved 2nd place finish.

Pat

Brian with the 5th place fish, sorry for the poor pic
Crazy Ivan Lures

http://www.crazyivanlures.com/

Eat, Sleep, Fish and then a Crown Royal
Heijac
Species: All

Re: Rotary Report

Post by Heijac »

nice seeing you guys out there Pat. Congrats to the CI team, way to go!
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Great job Pat! Kudos to the 4cs!
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Ummmm our crew is real sorry about that.....NOT.... Lol
Todd
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Great results Pat and Brian! We need a report about the LCU party at the ceremony now!
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

Great report Pat. Good times wih you and Brian.
Bill
Bill
"POINTER"
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Glad you got on the water Pat, and the Crazy Ivan lures outperformed during the tournament.
I caught my only salmon Saturday on a Cop Car.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Well done Pat. Great result!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice seeing you guys out there... Now I know were you were all Friday morning:).

Congratulations!!!

Fish on!
Last edited by Reelax on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

Congrats!!!
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

Great job guys......congrats