New Standup Canvas for 1999 Lund Alaskan

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
VTSALMON
Species: Salmon.walleye bass

New Standup Canvas for 1999 Lund Alaskan

Post by VTSALMON »

Looking for a good canvas shop for a new standup canvas and frame system for a 1999 dual console Lund Alaskan come spring. Boat is winterized in Derby. Anyone know of a shop with reasonable prices. Not much in this area.
Thorny

Re: New Standup Canvas for 1999 Lund Alaskan

Post by Thorny »

Dennis Carron
VT Custom Canvas
Tell him Thorny sent ya.
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: New Standup Canvas for 1999 Lund Alaskan

Post by Surprise »

Dennis did my first Surprise 26 years ago and the canvas was still good and functional when sold this past spring to Al in Brattleboro.

When I got my new boat there was no question who would do it. Dennis takes the time to discuss your needs and preferences. He sketches what he sees your project could look like and you can change things before they happen.

Dennis did complete canvas with attached mooring curtain for my summer inside storage.

Also built a Rod Arch to which I added Scotty rail mount holders that I can change from spinning/line counter reel rods to Fly rods when I want rather than candlestick type.

I also had him build me Scotty rigger covers for those splashy runs on the lake and road transit that ice and dirty up things if not covered. Unlike Scotty hats these cover the entire rigger and are easy on and off.
I had the same thing on my first Surprise with Big Johns.

EVERYONE WITH SCOTTYS SHOULD CONTACT DENNIS ABOUT A SET FOR YOUR RIG!

All done at the most reasonable cost.
Fish On!