willsboro 11/9-a return after a long lay off

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fleetfeat
Species: bass

willsboro 11/9-a return after a long lay off

Post by fleetfeat »

Been a registered member for a while but have not fished due to 2 sons and all year round sports schedule....BUT both are off to college, so my brother and I finally returned to Willsboro after a 4 year absence. I'd like to say the ride from Schenectady, NY was paid for in lots of fish, but not so...and boy did I feel rusty and out of sorts. First, we didn't get on the water ( 1987 Lund Tyee--red) until 10am, we shoulda known better and been there earlier. We immediately headed for the point given the lake had laid right down. Started our troll on the east side of the pt and headed south. Hit a 2lb salmon almost right away on a blue/silver spoon at 36ft...and then nothing for the rest of the day. We moved to the western side of the bay and on the way over charted lots of fish at 80 to 100. Tried that but no luck. We tried every depth we saw fish at even if it was only one. We tried every lure we had and still nothing. Read reports from others..is vt that much better?..I have a Vt license because I have a camp and fish on Lake St Catherine.
The day, however,was not a total loss when we saw the loons and two eagles playing tag...very cool.

Not looking for trade secrets but general suggestions or advice would help

Thanks
Tom
FishTherapy
Species: salmon

Re: willsboro 11/9-a return after a long lay off

Post by FishTherapy »

That is one of my favorite spots.. i usually hit at 70-90ft down just above the baitfish... stay in the bay around 120-150ft of water i would troll right up the middle following the ledge on the indian marine side then turn around after i pass it and troll back out then do it again.. i average 3-4 fish/misses per pass, some nice browns too. usually do great on a crazy ivan auto pilot.. the first one.. and a crazy ivan frosty.. silver bakini works good too and rainbow trout.
fleetfeat
Species: bass

Post by fleetfeat »

thanks very much...hopefully get up again to give it a try...actually, i'm glad the problem is me; i can fix that.....
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

It's only been three months off for me, but a learning curve and a few kinks to work out every trip... Welcome back