lodging or campsites?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
jmullen
Species: trout/salmon

lodging or campsites?

Post by jmullen »

I am new to Lake Champlain fishery; since I live in St. lawrence county, I prefer to spend the night, after fishing in the day, instead of driving home; that way I can also fish the next morning; usually I prefer to get a tentsite, but there appear to be very few state campgrounds or other alternatives in the Willsboro Point area; perhaps a cheap cottage or even reasonable motel would work for me. Does anybody have any recommendations about where I might find reasonably-priced lodging (or camping) for a night in this general area? I would like to do this in october and early november. Thanks!
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Re: lodging or campsites?

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Port Kent Campsite, lake access in Port Douglas near Willsborough

There is also: Shamrock Motel
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

You can try Villa Motel in Keeseville 518-834-7579, only 10 minutes from Port Douglas launch
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Gray Ghost
Species: salmon

Post by Gray Ghost »

You can try http://www.adirondackchamplainguideservice.com/. I have stayed at the Lodge many a time in the 80 and 90ies without using the guide service. You can get meals there, breakfast, supper and they make you sandwiches to take out. We launched out of Douglas and Willsboro.
Gus
Tight Lines
Maddog
Species: salmonoids

Post by Maddog »

You can also try Trolling Tina Charters - Captain Jim Hotaling. He has cabins for rent right in the Willsboro Bay area. I don't know the cost so you'll have to contact him. Good luck!

http://www.lakechamplainfishing.com/lodging.htm