Saturday Morning August 17th

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Saturday Morning August 17th

Post by pfu »

Went out solo around 8:30 and headed to my grounds of just outside the cut and north of Colchester reef. Three other boats when I got there but could not talk to them as I still haven't replaced my radio. Fished for just under two hours and went 1 for 13 but the good news was all thirteen had fish on. Lost two at the boat trying to net, lost one 15' back when the leader snapped near the middle ( was the biggest I actually saw) and struggled selecting which pole when had doubles twice - landed neither. Lost many within final 50' of line. Finally got a small 4 lb. laker in the boat and called it a day. Too much work for one guy in a 26' boat but still better than mowing the lawn!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Saturday Morning August 17th

Post by Reelax »

Great report.... 26' solo.... Hmmmmmm your fitting right in ;)
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

not bad with auto pilot..... nice work anyway
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

I was there for a few hours yesterday at about he same time. Bite was best for us in the 90' to 100' depth. Our biggest was 9.5.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

This is my first post.I was out there as well twice on sat. Did 7 for 10 on lakers 70 down.3 10's and lost a big one at the boat.I got to try out my new under water release device;a seaescape.It will release fish at 50’ 100' or150'
attached to a downrigger.Will get fish deep fast to avoid " barotrama".I highly recommend it.Can be bought at Captain Harry's .com
rockntroll
Species: Northern, Salmon, Lakers

Post by rockntroll »

Sounds like a much better choice than mowing the lawn. Keep at them!
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

I went out to the website but could not find anything called seaescape. No idea what this is?
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Sorry, try seaqualizer at Captain Harry's fishing supply under product search.I think you can see a video at the seaqualizer website but cannot buy from them.Sorry I don't know about hyper-links or whatever but try a google search.I first read about the device in Saltwater Sportsman magazine.