Transducer frequencies and coverage

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Transducer frequencies and coverage

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

For hose that Wonder how far they can see on the bottom:

raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Transducer frequencies and coverage

Post by raz »

Thanks Andre.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

Post by tuckhunts87 »

very cool
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Andre
Good info. Based on the math in the charts. 115.5 ft diameter at 100 ft. But on the screen you can only see up to 100 ft in distance from the transducer. So you only see a small slice of the bottom. That's why when you fish lakers deep you lose the balls on the screen because they are literally deeper than the bottom. My transducer is on the Starboard side of the boat. My port rigger always reads much deeper than my starboard rigger when they are run at the same depth because of the distance from the transducer. It would be great if a company could come up with technology that would convert position in cone to actual depth. It have to believe this must be possible with some innovation to current technology. Thanks for the info and the conversation.
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

It would be great if a company could come up with technology that would convert position in cone to actual depth. It have to believe this must be possible with some innovation to current technology. Thanks for the info and the conversation.
It's something possible: put you're cursor on the fish and add a waypoint; that will tell you how deep and how far from the ducer the fish is actually are.

And on you're example you are using the 83Khz witch cover more ground but with less detail & precision.

When I'm in the search mode I like to work with a split screen: 83 & 200.

Until now I add a lot of family matters so I didn't fish as much as I would but the situation should return to a more normal schedule next week so hopefully we may be able to meet on the water.
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

Interesting stuff. I never had anything besides a 200khz. I never really "knew" it but always suspected that my cone was about 1/3 as wide as the depth of bottom. According to this chart that is about right! Cool!
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
FishTherapy
Species: salmon

Post by FishTherapy »

Is it possible to track balls in deep water on 200? my riggers show about 10 ft deeper then they are, sometimes more.... when i had two riggers mounted further up side of my boat those two would read the right depth my guess was because they were dragging right under transducer, i have tried moving angle of transducer once that did nothing, really it is not a huge problem i have gotten used to it but it is annoying...