lake willoby

Share info on fishing Champlain.
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

lake willoby

Post by tuckhunts87 »

I kno I didn't spell it right lol i'm lookin for any info an helpful tips, spots, to fishing lake willoby this weekend thanks
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Re: lake willoby

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Neat lake that I've found tough to fish - successfully. West shore across from the launch seems to work best for me - especially in about 25 to 35 fow in that sandy little cove. Last time out we got a 20" lake. Very large Lakers are possible.

Locals say you need to start early, real early. I tried that. Didn't really help.

Ken
Black Ghost (Ken)
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Tuck the sandy beach that Black Ghost is talking about is called crescent beach!! It is a good place to start,possibly start just north of that about a quarter mile and work your way back and forth.Some good fishing can be had!!! Ken is correct early and late seem to be best !!! In my times on that lake it has been a love hate kind of thing!!! Good luck!! Oh Try sutton spoons if you have them!!! What works on Champlain might not work on Willoughby!!! Sleeps
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Awful long haul, but there are record sized rainbows in that lake. Very deep and clean lake...pretty beautiful. I witnessed dozens of wild rainbows spawning in tiny creeks along there during the Spring.
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

The only luck I ever had there is early season. I just washed lures in the summer there. Pretty place though. Deep, clear, cool and clean.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Troller176
Species: Lake trout

Post by Troller176 »

Better bring your lead core an yankin' rods that's how all the successful locals catch them. We always go sloooooowwwww like 1.0 mph with sutton spoons hittin bottom every now an then. Good luck!
Bigwiggle
Species: Perch,Smelt,Crappie,Salmon,

Post by Bigwiggle »

I use to fish many many times in the past and i believe this has to be one of the most beautiful lakes in the Northeast. If your going to fish Lakers, i believe the best time to do this is late may and early June when the Lakers are cruising the shore line looking for smelt to devour . I would fish in about 45-65 FOW and i would fish from 1 foot off bottom all the way up to 25 feet off bottom with slow moving spoons and Do not be afraid to fish with Big Spoons , because there are some MONSTER LAKERS :shock: in the Lake.. Good luck
Captain
Joe