Tough morning at Split Rock

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Tough morning at Split Rock

Post by TUnamas »

On the water solo at 7. Set lines south of Split Rock and trolled into Whallons before first rod went off. Silver, about 18 inches, released. Trolled throgh bay and north past Cannon Point and then back to Split with nothing to show. Graph was blank. South to Unicorn tight to the bank in 70 to 90 feet and picked up 2 more keepers around 18, both released. Turned north and Sinbad drpped in alongside me. Nothing but shakers on my northern pass back to the Rock. Crossed the abyss to pick up a small laker in Converse, and 2 more shakers off Thompsons. All fish on pink and green on white or silver blanks, tight to green blades. Most at 50 feet, shakers higher on the slider. Nothing big, but a few decent fish to break up a nice boat ride. Off the water at 11:30.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Re: Tough morning at Split Rock

Post by homewrecker »

nice to here some fish coming down south last time I was there it was all mud. you ever need ballast on that thing pm me... :D
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Scott,
At least you got a chance to go on the water and got a few tight lines.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
duckman
Species: trout

Post by duckman »

Went West Port about 14 small salmon around 50 down couple on lead core down to dudley to couple miles north of bay.Wish caught some bigger ones had my friends 10 year old grand son with us but He had a good time.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Doesn't sound too bad to me Scott. Thanks for the good read... Glad you got out.