6-30

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

6-30

Post by tuckhunts87 »

well id thought id report cause I haven't in awhile do to not having anything to report, I don't really have anything to report today either but what the hell. was on the water 5:00 and started between garden island and thompsons with lots of logs and weeds and other stuff in the water I had to move even though I marked bait and a few fish. I moved across the lake to split and fished east to west into whalons due to the debris to the north of split. marked some decent pods of bait and again a few fish but nothing wanted to play so I moved all the way back into whalons and fished north to cannon point. I found tons of bait and fish along with the bait and fished that area till about noon to no avail. I had 50.2 at 71 feet at the ball and tried every lure I own, just about! I tried bouncing bottom for a little bit and couldn't get a laker either but i'm pretty inexperienced in this area so I gave up and headed home, I did manage one 8inch salmon that I never even new was there but a fish is a fish so no skunk for the day!!!!!!
chuckrudy
Species: trout--

Re: 6-30

Post by chuckrudy »

Everybody gets a skunk once in a while. :P :P
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Sounds like a tough bite. Not surprised with all the brown water dumped into the lake.... I think Raz and I are gonna give it a shot tomorrow.... Hope we have a report worthy story...

Thanks for the report Tuck.
Cardinal
Species: salmon,perch,pike,bass

Post by Cardinal »

i didn't go today tuck due to the forecast and figured the water to be pretty muddy. Thanks for checking to see if I was going. We will have to go soon. I am on vacation the week after the fourth so im hoping to get out a little bit. Gotta spend some time with the wife I guess too.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sounds like tough fishing Tuck. I might have to rethink our trip tomorrow.
Thanks for the report.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

My day was not much better than tuck's. Headed out at 3pm with the boy because he was bored so we launched out of port henry and headed north to the old dish. Made three passes and picked up 6 out of 9 all 12" and under. then we headed north a little farther to the lighthouse picked up one shaker there very weedy up at the lighthouse and a little muddy also. the best fishing was by the dish 60fow fishing 40' down and 45' back We were getting hits on any lure we put out. Fishing would have been better if my fishfinder would stop messing up guess its time for a new one. cpmaple
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

launched out of Westport and made the loop around barbers for one shaker down 40, 20 back clean on a speedy brown trout. Not much on the fish finder today.

Lot of talk on 68 about perch fishing :o might be time to start bass fishing :(
woz
Species: bass

Post by woz »

The bass fishing has been just as bad. All this rain really sucks! Going out salmon fishing Thursday hopefully things will get better!