Flies in the rivers

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Flies in the rivers

Post by TUnamas »

Got out yesterday for a chance to try some new river waters with the fly rod. Started on Little RIver where the water was low but cool. I worked upsream working the shadows, pools and riffles. Got a nice 22 inch brown under a log on a size 16 soft hackle, and took another 16 inch brown on a small prince nymph. All released. Made a move to a section of the Winooski near Moretown that I have never fished but not much luck and moved onto the Mad. Rainbows galore on birdsnest and hares ear nymphs, but all stockies and nothing huge. It was good to get out and try some new areas. I saw two other anglers on the Winooski, but none on Little until I was leaving and none on the Mad. Pretty settings, solitude, unpressured fish on the chew. A good day.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Re: Flies in the rivers

Post by homewrecker »

fishing without a boat? :o
flyguy
Species: atlantic salmon

Post by flyguy »

Well done, TUnamas! Glad to hear the tributaries are producing! Its not so much what you catch, its where it takes you, but delighted that you were successful. Thanks for the post.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Aren't those streams a little shallow for your boat??
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Nice! Haven't fished up in that area yet really....hoping to later this year when the main river heats up though! How far was the brown upriver on the Little?