Madsierra lci report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
MADSIERRA
Species: if it swims

Madsierra lci report

Post by MADSIERRA »

Fished out of westport for the derby. spent most of our time working the Barber point area. spent a little time in the basin harbor area as well. With a 4 team crew and my 16 yr old golden retriever sierra...had to make a few trips back to shore for some green grass everyday! We had decided to just target salmon for the weekend, saturday was our best day and fishing got worse everyday for us ( & sounded like most everyone in that area). We ended the derby with 33 salmon with 16 of them being keepers. Had a fat 21 inch salmon that weight 5.06 lb and a 4.7 lb steelie that came on a slide diver 110' back on a stinger brown trout just as the sun was coming up sat am...good start we thought! had 2 other salmon that were 4.2 and 4.6 rest of keepers were 17"-19". CI smokey and Fathead doing most of the damage in the am's with CI gold Bomb and rainbow speedy as the day went on all 3 days. Had a fish that took several reel screamin runs on saturday for about 3 min...never jumped so may have been a lake trout...not sure as we never saw it but thought we had the derby winner for a cpl min! 25-35' leads down 35-45' was what produced for us for the weekend. congrates to all the winners as some nice fish seemed to be takin...those top 3 salmon were studs! have a cpl charters later in the month here then its off to Lake O with Captain Matt of Flashpoint for the Pro-Am and charters start there soon after that...time for some reel Drag Screemin Runs! gota love those Kings! good luck to all!
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Re: Madsierra lci report

Post by vtfishin »

Thanks for the report and nice job out there! Good luck on the big O!
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Post by Flashpoint »

Nice job Capt.! You had the Salmon touch better then us this weekend! Of course they day we decide to target Lakers The salmon bite was better! LOL
Cant wait to hit the Lake O Pro/am aboard the Mad-sierra! Till then....lets hope Old Champ keeps give'n up some slobs!

Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear you guys made it up for the LCI... Thanks for the report.
Matt B
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Very nice report.... The boys were jealous of your big beautiful boat. We were about the same with most our action coming on Saturday.
Todd
Todd
MADSIERRA

Post by MADSIERRA »

The Crazy Ivan looks pretty cool it self...there are a few of those boats that fish down on the Hudson River with us. Noticed you didn't stick around very long either day...so I new the bite must of been better some place else. Any plans to paint up a CI that looks like the Rainbow Trout speedy shiner?...or maybe you have 1 already and I haven't seen it. kept trying the army truck (i think) but just wasn't the same. that speedy shiner has been hot for a few yrs for me. keep up the good work with the spoons.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

MADSIERRA wrote:The Crazy Ivan looks pretty cool it self...there are a few of those boats that fish down on the Hudson River with us. Noticed you didn't stick around very long either day...so I new the bite must of been better some place else. Any plans to paint up a CI that looks like the Rainbow Trout speedy shiner?...or maybe you have 1 already and I haven't seen it. kept trying the army truck (i think) but just wasn't the same. that speedy shiner has been hot for a few yrs for me. keep up the good work with the spoons.
Reggie And I have some special variation editions of the army truck that Pat painted for us that are more like the rainbow speedy shiner. In that area we tend to go green... Green mountain Boy. Split rock, green hornet, green sheen and Whalons, honey bee model green or chevron ...... Pat and I will talk about that spoon..... Which blank do you think it would be best on?
Todd
MADSIERRA

Post by MADSIERRA »

We did take a cpl hits on green sheen, Not sure on what spoon would be best. I have always liked the action on the speedy shiners but...I have been running A LOT more CI last cpl yrs and the action is great as well....Maybe one of your blanks in the hammered would be cool?...perhaps you could call it the Madison...my 14 yr old golden retriever We just had to put down from cancer...she never missed a fishing trip! That's how the boat got her name Madison and my 16 yr old golden Sierra. Hope to be back on the H2O this weekend and some good reports to follow...I hope