Where to go? Headed out tomorrow mallets bay / outer bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Big Bear
Species: Cold water

Where to go? Headed out tomorrow mallets bay / outer bay

Post by Big Bear »

Finally got Big Bear on the dock. Heading out tomorrow am, not sure where to try for salmon in the Malletts Bay area. Surface temps from the launch over to the dock were 47-48 degrees. Was going to try over by Malletts bay creek or maybe outer bay by the Lamoille. Can’t fit under the sandbar bridge so IS is out don’t want to go through the gut first day out.

Thoughts?
striper192001
Species: salmon

Re: Where to go? Headed out tomorrow mallets bay / outer bay

Post by striper192001 »

Can't help you in the bay Big Bear. I have been getting them in Keeler's the two times I have been out. Would love to know if you find them as would be closer to home. fyi..............those temps are higher than anything we have seen in Keeler's so far.
Skylander
Species: That which swims & tastes good

Post by Skylander »

48 degree water just outside in the broad lake yesterday. Couldn't find any players on my short shakedown run. Sounds like you are on to the traditional spots in the Bay, I wish the silver would find their way back home one of these years!
campskylandvt.com
Big Bear
Species: Cold water

Post by Big Bear »

Went out and trolled 8:15am - 3:15pm. Tried mouth of mallets bay to Lamoile up to Robinson point and across tressle on inside outer bay side. Had huge salmon on there in about 30 FOW hit spoon on downrigger at 16’. Lost him with a head shake jump. Trolled through the cut along broad lake side of tressle. Then trolled mouth of Winooski back up to tressle and picked up a large laker. Surface temps ranged 40-45 degrees. None of the warmer 47/48 from yesterday. Saw TONS of fish around 50-80’ in deeper water. No takers. We had 6 rods out and ran spoons, sticks and flies. Leadcore, planars and riggers. The lake trout hit the planar with 1 color leadcore in about 14 FOW. South wind was kicking us hard all day and it was cold out there! Good first time out.
Attachments
IMG_4050.jpeg
IMG_4050.jpeg (140.63 KiB) Viewed 261 times