Port Henry - 12/15

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 12/15

Post by ChessieMan »

DId a solo out of Port Henry yesterday - couldn't have been a nicer day, 38F, calm and sunny at the ramp, water temp 43F.

I was going to go up to fish NW Bay where we caught fish the last two times out, but I like Fishville and felt lucky. So it was PH to start. Leisurely launch enjoying things, ran uo to 90 FoW and dropped two riggers down - CI Blue Moon and Patt's Day.

Worked the 80-120 ft line from center lake up NY side - not at bite, not much bait and fewer fish. I was starting to question my decision and had enough fuel to run north, but I went east to the VT side first.

Following the 90-120 edge north, I started marking heavy bait with fish around and above, but still no bites. Continued on a NW course and changed lures to Sun Rise Speedi and purple/black HB - wasn't 10 minutes when the SR Speedi fires - 18" laker - OK the stinks off - 5 minutes andn teh SR fires again - 20" lake - OK, this is getting better.

Landed 6 more lakers to 28"

https://hosting.photobucket.com/db921bf ... 814912.jpg

over the next hour, all but one on the SR Speedi
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Re: Port Henry - 12/15

Post by ChessieMan »

Oop's fat fingers posted before I finished

So, had a great flurry of lakers - all the larger ones >20" were spawned out.

After the initial flurry, thing went dead again - bait and fish were still there, but no bites - kept the SR Speedi on, but switched rod #2 to CI Blue Moon, Wonmderbread and back to purple/black HB - nothing.

10 minutes before I picked up - SR fires for the last time - this time a 13" salmon - and then it was a fast ride back to the launch and Stewart's for coffee.

Hope I get a couple more trips in before ice fishing starts - actually, I hope we get some cold weather so ice fishing starts.

Happy and Safe Holiday's to all - Ed aka Chessieman
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks for your report Ed.
yes, yesterday was a beautiful day weatherwise.
Glad you got a few nice bites and sharing with us.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Always enjoy reading your reports Ed. Feels
Like I’m riding shotgun with you… looks like I picked the wrong day to hit the lake cause the following day never settled down at all…

Thanks for sharing!
Matt B