Smart Troll System to track Divers.

digitroll (ron)

Re: Smart Troll System to track Divers.

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Short 3 hour trip to day with a full moon and strong southerly winds kicked us off the water at 11:00 am after a 8:00 am start. Two riggers and two Light bites for Ric and I. Best action was at 25 ft with Ric's port Lite bite with 60 ft of wire out. 2 for 3 on salmon with a nice one at 21". The Smart Troll saved the day for us keeping Ric's hot spoon at 25 ft taking all three salmon bites!

digitroll (ron)

This interview with the owner of Smart Troll Darrell Huff 3 days ago on his Smart Troll system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9P3qZUmPo0

I had Cresliner Bob from the Willsboro area as a guest on my boat last Fall showcasing the Smart Troll system first hand on my divers. He was very impressed.
digitroll (ron)

The first Lake Ontario Bar experiment with the Smart Troll was very productive! Our 4 wire program took 80% of our 105 bites over 6 days totaling 47.5 hours washing lures. Using our Fishhawk Ultra with the depth at the probe with the other Smart troll probes on our wires let us dial in our presentation once we establish temperature and depth of the probes working unison together. We started out spacing things apart until we get bit and then make adjustments based on those hits. Dealing with currents and changing boat direction in waves helped us keep our lures in the active zone the fish were biting. Speed at the ball with our Fish Hawk helped us maintain that bite also when turning around with waves. We added .5 miles per hour going west with the current to keep our lures dancing. Other things that helped was when we had a knock off on the wire or a small fish that didn't trip (rare) we could see on the display the depth go up from it being tripped or dragging a small fish long before watching the rods. We also were looking for 45-47F at the wire depths as well as the rigger to keep us in the action. Surface temp was 50-54F by the end of the week. I feel it added more fish to our catch overall by drilling it down quickly and having accurate data and depth.