1/18/13 Workshop summary!

Share info on fishing Champlain.
cowboy
Species: lakers/salmon

Re: 1/18/13 Workshop summary!

Post by cowboy »

my first time there, very impressive and informative had a great time. thanks Ron ,Ellen and everybody else that contrbuted. looking forward to next one. COWBOY
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I had an opportunity to call Andre yesterday and wish him personally a happy birthday! I am sending him a framed speckled trout print in the mail similar to the one that was given away that Fathead won at the workshop drawing last night by Winter Originals (my sister is a wildlife artist) who was in attendance last night and donated her artwork. http://winteroriginals.com/

Andre has done a lot for our forum / workshop donations / technical advice / LCI. He is the gateway to the North for all sportsman. I missed a great opportunity to thank Andre at our workshop Friday night and wish him a happy birthday in front of the crew assembled.

He is a great fisherman and guest to have on the boat too! Sorry I missed this opportunity Friday night.

Thanks Andre!

Ron

The other kudo's go to Rob (Thorny) and Bill (Popster). They were instrumental and suggested a guest speaker as a great add-on to the workshops. Ellen was the perfect person for this event! Bill and Rob also were able to get new products like Slide Divers / Invisa Swivels / Adventure products (sliding net) on board and change the face of fishing in Lake Champlain with these exciting products! In the past new product demo's at our workshops were very helpful to everyone in attendance. We hope to have another high powered speaker at the March 1st workshop with work being done in the background by Bill and Rob.

Thanks Andre / Bill / Rob for your tireless help to all sportsman in our area.
Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shaye D Winds

Post by Shaye D Winds »

It was truly a great night. The largest crowd that I have ever seen. Excellent Job Ron. Also thanks to Ellen and all others that had a part in food, door prizes and helping doing the set up. Thanks to Jim for allowing us to use the store.

Don.
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Ron, Thanks for puting together a super event for us fishermen and women! Food, fun and fishing discussion a great combination. It's amazing what this forum has done for our fishing community and I think we keep growing in our knowledge of the lake and gear that is available for our sport. Fish On!
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Ron, thank you for you're kind words, thanks to you're sister; that frame will be in my living room wall.

Generosity characterize that marvelous group.
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Thank You Ron! An outstanding event. I can't wait for the next one!
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Thanks to Ron, Jim, Ellen and everyone else that made this great event possible. I really appreciate the folks that took a moment to lift my spirits. It's been a rough week for me and my family, so this was a nice breath of fresh air.
Life is good.
Fred
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Fellow forum members:

Thanks for all the positive comments and support. Fred may your Dad rest in peace and thanks for making the event. This event as Mike mentioned (who has been to every one) began very humbly in the man cave with Salmon Seeker, 4C's, ShayDwinds, Salmon Eye, Popster, and Lazy C's taping lures and just hanging out with venison + goose burger on the grill for 3 episodes in 2009 that winter. The guys unselfishly wanted to make this available to others so it wasn't just a private club type outing. We started hosting it at Vt Home in 2010 testing the water with a bigger group each year until last year we opened it up to anyone and everyone who wanted to go. Nice to see first time folks like Cowboy / Brian and others. We kept it at two events so people that missed one could come to the second one or vice versa.

Where else on a winter night can you have this much fun waiting for Spring and the new season to begin?

See everyone March 1st and thanks!