Salmon / Steelhead count at Hydro 1 / Bouquet?

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Salmon / Steelhead count at Hydro 1 / Bouquet?

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Does anyone know what the final tallies were for this Fall on the Bouquet / Winooski?

It's been awful quiet normally these numbers were hyped every other week last year's record captures throughout the Fall counting season.

Also if anyone knows the individual fish first time counted fish not the same fish counted several times after they tag them which they report?
Matt
Species: Any

Re: Salmon / Steelhead count at Hydro 1 / Bouquet?

Post by Matt »

Numbers aren't as high as last year for salmon but I think they got more steelhead than last year. They stopped trapping an the board is gone at H1 which is odd since steel are still coming upstream...especially after this rain. They will probably release the numbers shortly. I remember last year the board number at H1 included recaptures but they released the actual number later on.
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Hi Guys
I discussed this with Bill Arden at the TU meeting a couple of weeks ago. He did not have the numbers but he new they were own significantly from last year. If I can get some more info I will pass it on.
Rob
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Numbers were way down on salmon, only having counted 44, biggest being 26.5 and average being 22. 37 steelhead which is more than last year I think. I'm going to go out on a limb and say way more salmon setup downstream this year because of the low average water height. I saw many salmon without tags downriver. I'm willing to bet the other places that could hold salmon had salmon there as well?

Or what if crazy lake conditions in 2011 and 2010 didn't allow anglers to fish the lake as much, resulting in less fish being harvested?
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Interesting stuff on the river Matt.