Salmon river fishing10-11-2012

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
bigfish
Species: salmon

Salmon river fishing10-11-2012

Post by bigfish »

The salmon fishing in winding down at this time. There are still salmon to be caught from top to bottom. The better fish are in the lower part of the river. Spawning has begun and that always brings steelhead in to the river. Which it has and plenty. Beads or bright colored flys and fresh spawn are working for the steelhead as well as a few trout.
The trout are here and plenty of good sized browns are entering the river everyday. I would expect too hear of trout to 18-20 pounds being caught this fall. With all the big trout I saw on the lake in July it should be a great year for big Browns in the tribs.

Little more rain and i will be traveling west for the best brown trout fishing anywhere. End of October to early november is prime for big trout in the western tribs.
Expect the steelhead fishing to pick up in the next few weeks, Water is up a bit north and south sandy had a good push of fish as did some of the smaller tribs. Catfish creek has some fresh outta the lake kings hangin around and a few trout too.

Tightlines
Matt
Species: Any

Re: Salmon river fishing10-11-2012

Post by Matt »

I'll be there the beginning of Nov...can't wait!
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Re: Salmon river fishing10-11-2012

Post by fishhuntadventure »

Matt wrote:I'll be there the beginning of Nov...can't wait!
What?! You're not sticking around for the Frostbite Shootout and Cookout this year?
I'll bet you could find a boat to be on...
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!