Islands Restaurants??

Share info on fishing Champlain.
bjo16
Species: all

Islands Restaurants??

Post by bjo16 »

Im heading up this weekend to North Hero on Pelots Bay and just wondering whats open this time of year and how far away are they for restaurants? We went up in may to the same
place and the few restaurants nearby were closed or super expensive so we basically ended up going to the store and buying our food. Thats fine for a night or two but wed like someplace
not too pricey but decent to go to after a day of fishing. Thanks.
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Re: Islands Restaurants??

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Oh ya, most are expensive. That's partly because there are no chain restaurants , which are typically priced in the moderate range.

So you're choices are subs and pizzas or spending more at an upscale restaurant. You will need to go off island for more options - way off island, which makes spending a little more money a more reasonable decision.

All that being said, I haven't been to the North Hero House in years but it would be on the top of my list if i was looking for a good meal up there. But I wouldnt expect it to be inexpensive.
Black Ghost (Ken)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Just off the islands in Milton...there's always the Milton Diner! :ugeek:
Small, inexpensive, and I've had a good supper there and several GREAT breakfasts.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

Seb's and Kim's Snack bar!

Island Beverage has spicy chicken on a stick for $2.50.

Pan's Pizza for wicked Calzones.

Hero's Welcome for sure!

Milton Dinner is so American and I love there food because its at a great price.
Sleeman1
Species: Bass

Post by Sleeman1 »

If you want you could try Angelos in Rouses point,great Pizza and Chicken wings.From North hero I'd say a 15-20 minute drive over to the New York side.

Ron