Jus Fishing Fall Trip

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Jus Fishing Fall Trip

Post by jusfishin »

Well, it was all it was told to be from the report's we had gotten over the last several weeks.....The fishing was fantastic.....alot of thanks to Lazy-C's for giving me great info while we were on the way over......we got settled into our cabin, and on the water around 2pm...by 2:30 we were hooked up...we finished the opening afternoon 6 for 8......a good start.....Monday morning we struggled alittle bit to find temperature, and in our spare time in search mode we decided to try a J-plug on one of our diver's, yes you read that correctly..a J-plug on a diver(LOL)....and it paid dividends for 4 days, it was on fire.....we finally found the temp abit further North, and got into the fish.....Tuesday we got some inside info from Mike and decided with a heavier wind in the forecast to launch out of Oswego......it was nice to fish and share info with Bump and Run, we got pushed off early with thunder boomer's, and heavy rain but managed 2 fish, and alot of short releases......Wednesday we fished in front of the Big River from 90-120, and had a very good day, I lost count how many fish we landed, but we went into release mode early....Thursday we shared space and info with Don and Pete, and the Plug bite was on fire for us..we landed several over 30 pounds, all coming on the green top, red bottom black dotted J-Plug, 60 back was the ticket on the rigger's, and 250 on the wire on a 2.5 setting. We kept 8 fish Thursday and released the rest, 3 of which were beautiful Coho's between 15-21 lbs. The Big and Little Salmon are both in dire need of water, so it while it stinks Don and Pete are on shore today with heavy winds, hopefully it will bring much needed rain....we had great weather, and good company......anyone with spare time should get over there.....it is as good as it get's.......Thanks to all that shared info, it was much appreciated...I will post some pic's in a couple days, working all weekend....
Shaye D Winds

Re: Jus Fishing Fall Trip

Post by Shaye D Winds »

Scott,

It was great talking to you while you were here. I am glad you did well. Thanks for the heads up on the fireworks flasher. I put a Pole Dancer fly behind it on Thursday and I think it got hit 6 times.
I am looking for some pictures.

Don
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Awesome report Scott! Sounds like you guys dialed your program in. Great sharing between Lazy C's and Shay'D + Bump. Those Cohos are huge! Great, Great report and trip. Like you said anyone who misses out on this opportunity to fish over there should living so close as it's a world class fishery in our back yard. These are the good old days. Is it Spring 2013 yet? That is my only opportunity now once a year. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing your success and program with us back home. Congratulations! Sharing how those fish (lures and programs) are caught helps everyone.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear you had such a great trip Scott. The pics you sent are awasome!
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Scott for your great report. I certainly exciting and wish we were there too.
Is the fishing that good usually beginning October. I might take a few days off and give it a try if they are still active.

Gerry
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Post by bumpnrun »

Scott it was my first trip cant wait to post, right now my computer is down i hope to get some pic,s out and some of the fishing events that went on .We had a great time ,you should see mikes face when we lose some of his hard ware lols.BUMP.
Roger Lav
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

I think I could hear the cursing from our boat Roger......LOL.....Mike definitely has it dialed in most of the time, it's amazing how one set-up can be so hot, and one that looks just like it so cold......or work on your boat, but not on our's....we went old school with the j-plugs from yester year and it worked out for us. Nice having all that space for just the two Vt Crestliner's to share......ha......Glad you got rid of the Vertigo and were able to get back on the water....Hope to see you over there again next year......