Cow Banks White Perch

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
Dockside

Cow Banks White Perch

Post by Dockside »

They have been pulling white perch by the TON off the Cowbanks (Sandbar) for about a week straight now.

Please go catch as many as you want! TONS!!!!

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Cow Banks White Perch

Post by Reelax »

Please help yourself.. We don't need any more hitting salmon spoons in the summer in the inland sea!
Matt B
Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

Post by Del Gue »

I must be a very poor fisherman. While my Salmon tip-ups were soaking for 8 hours on Monday, I walked all over "shanty town" fishing for them and didn't catch a fish! :cry:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

Actually for about a month now we have been pounding them......our best setup as been a swedish pimple in the green prism color, tipped with maggots....if you would like two at a time, add a fly of any flavor tipped with a maggot......they have been killing it......
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Eradicate them!!!!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
VTgooseman
Species: Fish with Teeth!

Post by VTgooseman »

5 of us fished it a few weeks ago. If I remember right we sold well over 200lbs between us. That was 7am til 1pm Blue and white hali crushed them all day. Way better than a Pimple. Got them on anything from jigging raps to Caty jigs and everything in between.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

Del Gue wrote:I must be a very poor fisherman. While my Salmon tip-ups were soaking for 8 hours on Monday, I walked all over "shanty town" fishing for them and didn't catch a fish! :cry:
I hear ya, the few times I've been there only managed a couple.
Took my son yesterday and we managed only a white and a yellow, nothing to brag about.
Strange, we set up just like everyone else, pimples with spikes and couple buy a bite.
Dockside is sold out of pimples and hali's, so tried the ones we have, chrome with pearlized, glows, white, chrome w/blue flash pattern.
Wish I coul;d get ahold of a couple of those hali's with green in them...