Skunked on Malletts Bay Today

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Skunked on Malletts Bay Today

Post by Champlainbaits »

Fished for pike for about 4 hours. Used the biggest bait I could get and didn't get any flags.

With the wind I was FROZEN solid.

Going to try again tomorrow. Anyone fish the tourney? I would love to hear how folks did.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Skunked on Malletts Bay Today

Post by raz »

I've heard of a 14 lb northern, 7 lb walleye, and a laker over 9 lbs....however, nothing official.

Sorry you've been skunked...better luck today.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
camoninja
Species: pike

Post by camoninja »

dont feel bad , i did the same on keeler ...did get one 24" pickerel but didnt sign up for the tourney...
dont know if there s a category for them , but it was big for a pickerel (even though it didnt trip the flag)
nasty conditions
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Fishing was the best Sat am. At noon shut right off. Sunday am was a slight bit of activity but it was slow slow slow. I bet the bite is on right now though with the weather this am. :( We didnt do much for the derby. 9 and 10lbs was out best pike.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"