LCI Derby Rules

Share info on fishing Champlain.
4cs
Species: Salmon, Trout

LCI Derby Rules

Post by 4cs »

To all the folks fishing the LCI derby fathers day weekend here is a rule you might want to pay attention to. This is right from the LCI website and it is also listed in their gazette. I highlited and underlined the rule, so no 3 rods per person in the derby.

Pat

Angling Regulation
20. The same angler must cast and hook, or, in the case of a trolled release, fight, and bring the fish to net unaided by any other person. No other person may touch any part of the tackle during the playing of the fish, or give aid other than taking the leader for landing purposes.
21. Only two (2) lines are permitted per angler at any time during the derby. This applies for both the Vermont and New York side of the lake. This rule is final and applies regardless of state regulation.
Crazy Ivan Lures

http://www.crazyivanlures.com/

Eat, Sleep, Fish and then a Crown Royal
cowboy
Species: lakers/salmon

Re: LCI Derby Rules

Post by cowboy »

Thanx for the heads up Pat
Last edited by cowboy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

gotta read them rules, i saw James say that on tv a few years ago, but thats another story...
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

lazycs wrote:gotta read them rules, i saw James say that on tv a few years ago, but thats another story...
You had to start! :roll:
Matt B
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

I rarely fish the LCI derbies. I do support their conservation goals and efforts on the lake. I assume that the same rules apply for Basin(all season) derby. That could open a whole new can of worms!
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

lazycs wrote:gotta read them rules, i saw James say that on tv a few years ago, but thats another story...
I recorded that interview...... Just so I could hear it over and over..... Silly fishermen!
Todd
Danl851
Species: Cold Water Species

Post by Danl851 »

Does this mean if I set a downrigger and a release occurs that I am the only one that can touch the rod because I set the downrigger line?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Danl851 wrote:Does this mean if I set a downrigger and a release occurs that I am the only one that can touch the rod because I set the downrigger line?

I think that once the fish hits you need to be the only one touching the rod.. (you don't have to be the person setting it up)
Last edited by Reelax on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4cs
Species: Salmon, Trout

Post by 4cs »

Thorny wrote:I rarely fish the LCI derbies. I do support their conservation goals and efforts on the lake. I assume that the same rules apply for Basin(all season) derby. That could open a whole new can of worms!
It looks like the rule for the LCI Basin (all season) Derby is that if fishing in NY you can run 3 lines per person and in VT 2 lines per person.

21. All Fish and Wildlife laws of the applicable state where fishing shall be followed during the Inaugural LCI Champlain Basin Derby.
Crazy Ivan Lures

http://www.crazyivanlures.com/

Eat, Sleep, Fish and then a Crown Royal
vtfishin
Species: Salmon, Steel, eyes, bass...

Post by vtfishin »

I support the LCI derby because it supports our fishery.
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Thanks for the clarification Pat. Strange that the rules would vary between the derbies.
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Maybe with enough discussion the rule can be changed to match State Regs. It would make it less confusing. especially with the number of out of state participants.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

There are so many folks out there running more lines than the laws allow all year long that these rules aren't gonna change their ways any way. From some of the stuff I've seen, every rule in the book gets broken, twisted, or bent when it comes to a winning/placing in a derby.
However, I too support the LCI and their efforts to make this lake better than what it is.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry