Fishing south?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Fishing south?

Post by cpmaple »

Has anyone been out south of Westport? Wondering how the flea's are? Have not been out since late June an making a trip out this weekend just wondering what poles are needed. Gonna hit fishville north to lighthouse into Northwest bay across to basin harbor an down if needed. Might be a solo trip if my son in law an daughter go bear hunting but will have to see. Thanks for any info cpmaple (Chad)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Fishing south?

Post by Reelax »

Need flea line last week north of converse..

I’m wondering the same thing myself… fleas should disappear any day now…
Matt B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Reelax wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:00 pm Need flea line last week north of converse..

I’m wondering the same thing myself… fleas should disappear any day now…
Might just have to put a few of each on an see what happens. Can always store extra rods in cuddy if needed Reelex.
dipike
Species: laker,rainbow,salmon

Post by dipike »

Last thuesday at Wilsboro fleas were there, if it can help you ....excuse my english... if it is not perfect

Dipike
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Fishing was good to cpmaple yesterday. Went 10/11 lost the very last fish 15ft from the boat. Looked like a brown an a nice one. All the other fish were salmon. Alot of surface weeds so that made for clearing lines often. Hot lure was CI split rock. But every lure we put on got one. Bait was heavy on our first few passes then it moved. But we kept picking away. First pass was stiller started with a 16", then two over 3lbs, then a 12", then to finish that pass with another just over 12". Checked them over most had no clipped fins at all but many had been hooked before. Kids kept the two 3lbs for the smoker they had a blast. Best part fished the area alone cpmaple
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Way to go Chad! That is big Brown country for sure. Four Lake record brown caught in that area in the past 10 years.
Todd
Todd
saltr
Species: LLS

Post by saltr »

Sounds like a good day Chad. Curious as to how bad the fleas were. Thanks.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

I must say I wouldn't have days like that if it was not for several members on this site over many yrs that got me where I'm at today. You know who you are an I'm very grateful to you to have friends like that. Cpmaple