A needle In a hay stack

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Re: A needle In a hay stack

Post by Crazy Ivan »

homewrecker wrote:need ballast?.....NICE!
Dean
I think this one will hold us both!
Todd
Todd
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

AWESOME!!!AWESOME!!! I wish you the greatest luck with your new vessel and can't wait to see you out there......frank
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

OMG!!! You lucky SOB!!! That has to be the best fishing boat on the lake by far!!! Salmon slayer fur sur!!! Just so you know, I am a Capt for hire. I charge 6 peanut butter crackers per trip. I can work as soon as deer season is over :)
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

nice, nice, nice i like it Todd best of luck with your new boat...
Crazy Ivan

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Thanks everyone,
This is turning out to be quite the project getting the boat set up. Just can't seem to get the stuff here fast enough..... Almost as fun setting it up as it is fishing....
Todd
Todd
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Found this on the 19' C-dorey website. I think it sums up the perfect attributes of large and medium size boats in a very light and easy to operate 19 ft. package solo. You don't need to take a crew out yet it can fish 3-4 easily. It weighs only 500 lbs more than my 19 ft Sea Nymph dry weight.

The 19' C-Dory Angler was developed in response to many requests for a shortened 22' C-Dory.
Maneuverability at speed is balanced and predictable, even in heavy seas. The boat holds her course with little effort. The hull’s flatness toward the stern greatly reduces the rolling motions, making cruising in rough water much more pleasant. Fishermen will love the way the boat tracks at trolling speeds, allowing the focus to remain on the fishing. And with only 7” of draft and a thick bottom she can easily be beached for beach combing adventures.
With over 6’2” of headroom, the cabin provides cozy shelter. It features a comfortable seating for four, sleeping area and pilot’s station with excellent all-around visibility.
The cabin layout is simple. On each side of the isle are two back-to-back seats, mounted to storage cabinets. The forward section of the cabin features a 6’3” “V” berth, two reading lights, a large deck hatch, and a chemical toilet. It is separated from the main cabin by a privacy curtain.
karl

Post by karl »

First, join the C-Brats forum. Great people with lots of knowledge. http://www.c-brats.com/viewforum.php?f= ... f5a5968252

Then add a Webasto, Wallas, or Espar diesel heater (be prepared for sticker-shock!). Avoid the temptation to use a propane "Little Buddy" or similar...unvented heaters produce wet-heat with lots of condensation inside the cabin.

Then add a good DIY hypothermia kit (towels, dry clothes, blankets, chemical thermal packs). And/or, wear a USCG-approved cold-weather work suit, and even consider a PLB.

Then use the boat unless the lake is frozen solid.

Fuel docks are far and few, and towing services generally shut down for winter, so you have to be somewhat self-sufficient.

Also, that boat uses lots of balsa-wood coring so all thru-hulls and mounting screws need to be absolutely waterproof or very large expenses can result.
Crazy Ivan

Post by Crazy Ivan »

karl wrote:First, join the C-Brats forum. Great people with lots of knowledge. http://www.c-brats.com/viewforum.php?f= ... f5a5968252

Then add a Webasto, Wallas, or Espar diesel heater (be prepared for sticker-shock!). Avoid the temptation to use a propane "Little Buddy" or similar...unvented heaters produce wet-heat with lots of condensation inside the cabin.

Then add a good DIY hypothermia kit (towels, dry clothes, blankets, chemical thermal packs). And/or, wear a USCG-approved cold-weather work suit, and even consider a PLB.

Then use the boat unless the lake is frozen solid.

Fuel docks are far and few, and towing services generally shut down for winter, so you have to be somewhat self-sufficient.

Also, that boat uses lots of balsa-wood coring so all thru-hulls and mounting screws need to be absolutely waterproof or very large expenses can result.

Carl,
I joined the C bratts before i bought the boat:). Pat has been been water proofing every hole with gusto...... Do you have a C- dORY?
Todd
Crazy Ivan

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Anyone know who this is? I took this photo last October....
Todd
nwhavnbill
Species: salmon/trout

Post by nwhavnbill »

Wow. Now I have to look out the window when you drive by at 5am!!
Bill