Line/Leader for Ontario?

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Line/Leader for Ontario?

Post by Hairbone »

I have a spool of 40 pound Ande and was thinking this would work for rigger rods. What sized leader should i run off my bead chain swivel?

I have never caught a king and am a little under gunned for large salmon tackle....I figure a blind squirel finds a nut every so often so I am going to give it a try :lol:
finsntins
Species: salmon

Re: Line/Leader for Ontario?

Post by finsntins »

we just put 40 lb mono this weekend to help with the fleas and worked great.wire rods were covered with them,but they never stuck to the 40 lb mono.40 lb will be fine for running f/f setups,but you will probably want to leader down if you are going to run spoons.f/f seem to be out producing spoons lately.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

What sized flouro leader for spoons do you recommend?

Talking to a guy today and he said the fishing has been very slow and is only a fraction of what it was two years ago. Makes me wonder if I should spend the time on Champlain and the St Lawrence.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Wondering that myself. I spent two days up there last week for one 8lb King, no other releases. Chatter on the radio was kind of depressing. Maybe in another couple of weeks?
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

20 lb is what i run for leader.as far as the fishing goes,we have not been doing good this year so far,getting 4 or 5 bites per trip,but some guys are doing great,there seems to be more fish around than last year,but nothing compared to 2 years ago.if things pick up,i wil post.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing