BACK FROM NIAGARA BAR WITH HARRY AND KEN

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
fishy1
Species: many species

BACK FROM NIAGARA BAR WITH HARRY AND KEN

Post by fishy1 »

4/28/2017-5/5/2017 harry invited me for a week of fishing kings with his brother ken joining us on sunday. none of us have ever caught a king . day one saturday just harry and i little windy so we decided to fish the mud line for browns in 12 to 16 foot of water. wasnt long ist release and fish on harry lands a big smallie. then shortly after my turn fish on i land a nice fat brown. sometime later harry lands a nice coho. sometimes later i land a nice coho . then harry decided to venture out in the deeper water for king as it began to calm down. when we got out there we got into some big lakers and the fun began. we were fishing 55 to 70 fow now. then at 2:30 pm with calm waters its harrys turn and we have a release and fish on and a good one. wow what a fight after awhile i put it in the net harry just landed his ist king ever. i think our celebration didnt last long though as another rigger fired and fish on and another battle . took me a while to get it to the net but finally in the net after many runs and i land my ist king. unreal but we didnt have time for pics and celebration as harry hurried to get the line back out and it wasnt long maybe 15 minutes or so the dipsey fired another king but this time it shook loose. the bite continued until 4 pm or so and we had our limit of 3 salmon trout each and plus our laker limit we were 4 for 8 in 2 hours on the kings. what a day that was for us it was beyond belief. harry really worked for those fish and could easily be a charter captain and im not kidding. will post pics of day 1. :DImagescreen grabcertificity.comImageupload gambarcertificity.comImageupload a picturecertificity.com
Imageimage urlcertificity.com
fishy1

Re: BACK FROM NIAGARA BAR WITH HARRY AND KEN

Post by fishy1 »

will post day 2 tommorrow.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

I would book a trip with Harry in a hart beat after seeing your first days photos. Looking at the kings reminds my of Alaska. Harry's smile says it all.
Congratulations on your first Chinooks.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Matty left off on day one getting bounced around I had to remove a trebble from my thumb. Day one was a great start! Large sized honey bees in green and fire tiger took all the Kings on day 1
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Good to see both of you back safe and sound. What a great trip, nice fish and stories to share and keep. Harry we have to LG soon too, that should be fun also.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

WOW, that was a fun trip you both will always remember. Great catches on first day.... who could ask for more. Glad you are sharing with us.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I think that the locals asked them to leave but don't know this for sure, just saying.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

day 2 monday was a very exciting day for us as harrys brother ken was after his ist king. we got into the lakers pretty good at ist. we take turns with the releases and i always go last . well the 3 of us landed lakers right off and then it was kens turn and he has a big one on that turned out to be a big fat laker weighing in at over 19 lbs. then harry lands a king and i land another laker. then ken lands his ist coho and he was thrilled to say the least. cant remember everything in order but it was soon after harrys turn he has a king on and wow it was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing the drag like crazy after a quite awhile battle ken got it in the net but not that easily. harry just landed a 23 lb king. awsome! my turn next and the copper fired and harry grabbed the rod out of the holder and said huge one , it was just zzzzzzzzing the drag like no tommorrow and i held the rod as tight as i could . ken yells it jumping way out ther 300 feet i tried to watch it and on the 3rd jump i let up on the tension and it shook loose . ugh! we landed some more lakers and king but cant remember much of the details i think we landed 4 kings 1 coho and 4 or 5 lakers. what a fishery they have out there.Imageupload piccertificity.com
here is harry with his 23 lb king and ken with his 19 lb laker
here is ken with his ist kingImagepictures uploadcertificity.comImagewindows screen capturecertificity.com
my captain harry and i with my good size laker.
harry and ken with a king

Imageimage hosting no sign upcertificity.com
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Incurable, just Incurable
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

That big king was a blast. It was my brothers turn and he told me it was mine as it was ripping wire line off the reel like nothing. Hit a wire line mag dipsy set 120 back on 3 with a carbon 14 spin doctor and a big weenie seneca fly. We had some gear failures on the Kings as I only really had one King rigger rod set up. Next time the riggers will have heavier rods and reels. No room for cheap reels when it comes to kings.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Real exciting stuff! Congrats!!

Well you guys went to the birthplace of the Bees and found them to be just as effective as ever. Some say "OLD SCHOOL", some say the fishing has changed, a lot of people say a lot of things ... but if you try the Bees on ONTARIO, or anywhere, and run them right, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again guys ... you brought back some great memories!/ Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

harry thanks for updating the big king it was even chaos for me with the auto pilot trying to keep it in the chute impossible. jim those bees produced big time i can tell you that and the fish hawk came in handy with the correct speeds
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Post by Targa V18 »

What a great catch! Glad you guys did so well and had so much fun. Lots of memories made on that trip for sure! Congrats!
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

now we all want to go LOL
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

day 3 and day 4 so busy catching fish we lost track. only got 4 or to 6 hours in each day because of storms and wind. we landed at least 5 kings and a coho on wednesday and got broke off by 2 or 3 and we also lost some beasts. thursday we landed 6 kings out at the ledge after a slow start in muddy water. harry lost a huge 1 under the boat as it broke him off. i landed a nice 33 inch king a beauty after losing 2 kings. harry ken and i ended up with more kings then ever expected just an incredible fishing experience. dont think it was luck either harry worked hard and did everything he needed to do and ken and i just helped as part of the team. landing kings is no easy chore and its like reeling in a bass boat. everything has to fall in place to get them in the net. 3 on the boat when its windy is a must . we started out using 6 rods but went to 4. a fishing trip i will never forget.
my 33 inch king salmon

Imageimage hostingcertificity.com
final resultsImagepost a picturecertificity.com

\
Last edited by fishy1 on Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.