mexico bay

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
finsntins
Species: salmon

mexico bay

Post by finsntins »

went 3 for 5 this past weeekend,1 laker and 2 steelies,didnt kill em,but a nice day on the water.didnt get out sunday cause of fathers day bbq,be out this weekend.300 to 350 fow of water in front of plant.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Re: mexico bay

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Good lu k Jason let us know how you make out I saw rich d said some fish were on the area
So many Lures So little Time
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

thanks scott,well as usuall,where we caught last weekend did not pan out this weekend,ran out set up in 250 and headed out,friend of mine did some kings at first light in that area,but it didnt produce for us,only a 3lb king,so decided to slide in,reached 150 fow and started marking fish,had a quick rip on the dipy and that was it,getting dark time to head in.talked to a couple guys from the marina that started in 150 fow that morning and did well with some nice kings.setup in 130 sunday morning at the high rocks and marked some fish and bait,but only managed 1 what we think was a true strain rainbow.winds look good for this week and through the weekend.get an extra trip in this weekend having monday off,see what happens!!!!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

is the fishing slow this time of the year normally there out from the power plant. how did you do with the browns this spring.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

hey fishy,fishing has been tough in mexico bay area for 2 years now,unless you are after lakers,you will have a decent day one day and get skunked the next,no consistent fishing.we did not even put the boat in to try for browns this year and from what i heard it was a good decision.didnt get out saturday,7 footeers out there.fished sunday from 3 till dark boated one 4lb king and a few knock offs on the riggers.heard of a few guys boating some nice kings,but it was an early morning bite.fished yesterday from 5 till 1 and had 1 knock off,thats it.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:hey fishy,fishing has been tough in mexico bay area for 2 years now,unless you are after lakers,you will have a decent day one day and get skunked the next,no consistent fishing.we did not even put the boat in to try for browns this year and from what i heard it was a good decision.didnt get out saturday,7 footeers out there.fished sunday from 3 till dark boated one 4lb king and a few knock offs on the riggers.heard of a few guys boating some nice kings,but it was an early morning bite.fished yesterday from 5 till 1 and had 1 knock off,thats it.
i didnt make it out there this spring maybe this fall. i never caught a king but my son has. maybe i should try. the corn for the carp didnt work for me.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

you didnt miss anything this spring,once you tie into a king you wont want to bother with anything else!!!!carp can be very tough to catch,especially during the day,early morning is best.with the fishing being tough in the lake,we have not been out as much,so we have been tossing a few poles off the back of the boat with corn and bread,but have not been able to catch one yet.the only fish that comes close to fighting as hard as a king is a carp!
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

finsntins,

We need to get you to Port Henry next year in May for a few days on the water with Matt in my boat!. He is just so darn lucky it is unbelievable :mrgreen:

I need to drag him out to Big O next month if I have time for some staging kings.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

sounds good hairbone,im actually hoping to spend some time on champ this fall.i put together a 16' center console rigged for trolling.we were lucky enough to have scott(dawg) and randy take us out last year out of westport and landed some salmon.this was our first time on champ and we had a great time and we are looking forward to get back up there.its a 2 hour trip to champ,same ride as getting to lake o for us..guys are catching some nice salmon out west right now,so i think its going to be a good run this year,just need the lake to set up to get them to come this way.august may be a good month.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

finsntins wrote:sounds good hairbone,im actually hoping to spend some time on champ this fall.i put together a 16' center console rigged for trolling.we were lucky enough to have scott(dawg) and randy take us out last year out of westport and landed some salmon.this was our first time on champ and we had a great time and we are looking forward to get back up there.its a 2 hour trip to champ,same ride as getting to lake o for us..guys are catching some nice salmon out west right now,so i think its going to be a good run this year,just need the lake to set up to get them to come this way.august may be a good month.
You had the Westport expert show you around :mrgreen: Scott did show me a spoon this spring that has produced!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

looks like this fall might get interesting . to much bs and not enough fishing. :lol: