LCI derby “chaos” report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

LCI derby “chaos” report

Post by Controlled chaos »

Headed north Friday morning around 7 am towing my camper and my secret fishing weapon “the river rat” towing “controlled chaos”
(Boat) :mrgreen: landed at shelburne camp ground and quickly set up the camper and headed south to the otter river landing to see if we could pin point the were abouts of those elusive walleye, fished around diamond catching a few perch and a nice smallie on a jogging rap but just wasn’t marking anything we were interested in so we headed south to the haystacks only to find a Ton more perch, at dark we headed back to camp and over dinner decided to just go after lakers and maybe a few salmon. Saturday morning we hit shelburne at 4:30am and made a run out to juniper, set up gear from 45’ down to 75’ and started trolling north, didn’t take but five minutes and we were into some decent 6-10lb class fish, after roughly ten lakers the lead core on port side looked to be snagged on bottom so Andy grabs the pole and says “dude it’s a toad!!
So we pulled all gear except one rigger off to the side the laker did not want to come up, but with some patience Andy got her up and what a monster... my net is to small I told him, the only chance we have is a head first shot so he did tried to maneuver and had her comming perfect...but she had other plans . She darted under the boat, went around the rigger cable and gone...so we continued the day with
Lots of lakers and one nice salmon, Sunday morning did the same program and rite off the bat started catching decent lakers high in the water column.. all 6-10lbs again ...then starboard leadcore looks to be caught on bottom ! So I grabbed it and the battle was on....
she faught for roughy 5 minutes and didn’t wanna come up ... but once she did Andy slid the net under her and we had us a fourth place lake!! 13.44lbs 32” all in all we boated between 80-90 lakers Saturday thru Monday, and only one tasty salmon for the table, Saturday they seemed to prefer the crazy Ivan spoons,not sure of the name but I believe they were sausage gravy milkshake? Sorry Todd can’t rember the names lol!! Sunday and Monday we’re larger spoons that jimmy datillio hooked me up with awhile back , green and glow white.. 90% of our fish were caught between 40’-55’ over65-80fow what a great time, can’t wait to get back out, seen a few members and had a few laughs, it was a fantastic time on the big pond once again and glad
See you all soon out there fish on!
Controlled chaos

Re: LCI derby “chaos” report

1BC1FE82-F456-4EAA-973B-BCA603ADD5F1.jpeg
Attachments
E87E8C55-D3FB-4072-A507-75CD7AE22A5B.jpeg
7873DA9B-8AE5-4836-AF9E-328191142DAD.jpeg
6E47D81F-D4B9-4F36-944B-33D1F0E605E4.jpeg
Controlled chaos

02BF9C6F-CF28-440E-BFBB-88C1F9C1F086.jpeg
Attachments
C386C006-B7BF-4548-B2DF-BD24571EB4C0.jpeg
Controlled chaos

72A04368-9ABC-4A44-B7ED-604838663949.jpeg
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Nice fish!!

Thanks for sharing.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

great report and pics. seems like those big old smart ones always seem to elude us. looks like you had a fun weekend though.
Last edited by fishy1 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MWM
Species: Salmon

Post by MWM »

Good weekend indeed, congrats on the 4th place laker! Lots of smiles in those pics.
Matt
Laker
Species: Trout& salmon

Post by Laker »

Congrats John, sounds like a great weekend.
Good luck, stay safe
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Nice job John and Andy? I think
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

John... i targeted lakers for years and finally put a 13.5 on the wall. That is a beautiful fish... My hat is off to you and Andy. You are really doing a great job representing the exteeem south east corner of Vt.. long ride and long stories.. gottanlove it. Andy sent me pics all weekend and even though I worked alll weekend I could live the derby theu your texts.. Thanks for a great read.

Fish on
Matt B
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

Wicked good time (again) aboard Controlled Chaos. Well deserved handle, multiple triples and double double doubles :!: Covered the column from poundin ground to 25' down. Matched the hatch, intense extended tour of haulin gear! Our girls where troopers they chugged in lead and navigated tough water. 2 lakers dispatched due to "issues" and 1 salmon for the table... good people... good fishin... good times!
A White
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

C.I. Statue of Liberty
C.I. Statue of Liberty
Last edited by The River Rat on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A White
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great report John. That's a lot of lakers you landed. You need to get a bigger net.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
riddlervt
Species: Fins and Scales

Post by riddlervt »

Nice Fish! Great post too! Sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for the share
Riddler
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Definatly have to say... without John's experience of big water and awsome spoon collection we wouldnt have been as sucsesfull :!:
A White