Camp Skyland Derby Report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Camp Skyland Derby Report

Post by C-Hawk »

Camp Skyland was well represented in the Derby. Besides the C-Hawk, and my wife Paula and the irrepressible Billy-Bobs, we had Tracy Simula and his son Ryan and we had the Off-Duty boat from Barre with Randy , Matt, and Shawn. Sorry if I got your names wrong, but this is what comes to my corrupted mind.My friend Henry fished bass and pike with Mike and Jim, and did well.We also had a bass crew and two other groups of campers that I did not have time to get to know, but all were a great group of people with most making reservations for next year. All managed to launch here, except Mon morning in a stiff south wind.
Most boats caught fish. We caught a few salmon in Mallet's, but it was basically slow going, and of the 20 odd boats in here, I didn't see many nets out. Sun we had a hot tip from Tracy, thanks, and promptly lost two on the Broad Lake, one being in the 6 lb range. Best color we found was a purple CI Raz. Don't go out without one. It did well today too.
Tracy and son gets the prize for Skyland Angler of the Derby. This man is a fishing dynamo, heading out at 4:30 both days and not returning until 9 at night. They not only caught their first Champlain salmon, but took 9 th place. Congratulations! They also did well on Lakers. They also caught a 20 and a quarter 5.5 salmon they let go early in the day Sat, as it wasn't long enough to weigh.
The Off Duty boat caught a few salmon and a couple of Lakers each day as well. Everyone up here is catching pike, and they look clean and disease free.
Attachments
This is the fatty they let go because it was short
This is the fatty they let go because it was short
Here are the intrepid father son team from NH and the 9th place salmon
Here are the intrepid father son team from NH and the 9th place salmon
Tracy wanted me to post this pic of the honey bee that took the 9th place salmon and say a special thank-you to Jim Martino
Tracy wanted me to post this pic of the honey bee that took the 9th place salmon and say a special thank-you to Jim Martino
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Camp Skyland Derby Report

Post by Reelax »

Nice report... sounds like nice action.. very promising thanks for the looks and read Jeff
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

great report jeff . really like the pics your getting to be a pro at that. see you next time you come up.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Nice Jeff!!

Thanks to Tracy for the shout out.

Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Skylander
Species: That which swims & tastes good

Post by Skylander »

Thanks for the report Jeff.
It was nice to see the number of boats that we witnessed in Outer Mallets again this year for LCI, that only means one thing!
The group of fishermen were very respectful of our launch and beach area - realizing that we have other guests at that time and not just fishermen, for that we are grateful! We are eager to welcome them back next year and hope that they spread the word about our accessibility and accommodations in either cabins or campsites. We just need a walleye fisherman to represent in 2019... I might have to sharpen some hooks that have been in storage for 20 years!
Here's to tight lines throughout the summer.
campskylandvt.com
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Great report Jeff,

I might be up next couple weekends
TBD
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Trackertroller wrote:Great report Jeff,

I might be up next couple weekends
TBD
Give me a shout Jeremy
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Ok
Effie has something going in Johnson and if I’m that far north, would love to be on the water :D
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"