Reelaxing morning on the outer bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Reelaxing morning on the outer bay

Post by Reelax »

Hit the outer bay Sunday with Raz and DA. We figured it was time to explore new water. After setting up 2riggers, 2slide divers and a couple of lead core,rods, we started having action right off... nice 18-20” silvers, doubles to start before 7am!
By 9am we had 4 more boated and had lost a real pig. Fish were 20-30 down over 80-120fow. Boat traffic in the bay can be a chore so when it got busy we hit the broad lake, but retuned later for more action in the outer bay...

All fish returned to grow...

Not a bad bite. Back for more soon :mrgreen:
Matt B
FATHEAD
Species: salmon

Re: Reelaxing morning on the outer bay

Post by FATHEAD »

Nice report Matt I heard the bite has been hot in outer Mallets Bay glad you got in on some action!!!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

As usual...lots of laughs and tons of fun. Thanks for the fun trip Matt and Dave.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Thanks for the info. Right out my backdoor!
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

Tres Amigos strikes again.

Great trip, action, and company as always. Did cost us a net :shock: :oops: , but a new one is already on its way. Fish were active with many jumps to keep everyone on their toes. A great day on the pond.

DA
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"
Skylander
Species: That which swims & tastes good

Post by Skylander »

Thanks for the update. It was busy out there on Saturday morning for sure as I counted 17 boats from my perch atop the cabin roofs with new shingles in hand. I tried to keep quiet as to not wake a sleeping C-Hawk missing the early action. Nice to see the Outer Bay getting some action again, its always nice to catch fish a few hundred yards from our ramp!
campskylandvt.com
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Skylander wrote:Thanks for the update. It was busy out there on Saturday morning for sure as I counted 17 boats from my perch atop the cabin roofs with new shingles in hand. I tried to keep quiet as to not wake a sleeping C-Hawk missing the early action. Nice to see the Outer Bay getting some action again, its always nice to catch fish a few hundred yards from our ramp!

Chawk missed a good bite... shoulda woke him up... next time we will come in for lunch!!!
Matt B
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Thanks for the update. It was busy out there on Saturday morning for sure as I counted 17 boats from my perch atop the cabin roofs with new shingles in hand. I tried to keep quiet as to not wake a sleeping C-Hawk missing the early action. Nice to see the Outer Bay getting some action again, its always nice to catch fish a few hundred yards from our ramp!
Saturday must have been like riding the roller coaster out there ......pretty big rollers over by Porters Point.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Skylander wrote:Thanks for the update. It was busy out there on Saturday morning for sure as I counted 17 boats from my perch atop the cabin roofs with new shingles in hand. I tried to keep quiet as to not wake a sleeping C-Hawk missing the early action. Nice to see the Outer Bay getting some action again, its always nice to catch fish a few hundred yards from our ramp!
Pretty rude to have to listen to hamering on my day off.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

im glad someone caught salmon. good job guys.