good luck to all rotary registrants

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fishy1
Species: many species

good luck to all rotary registrants

Post by fishy1 »

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS WHO ARE FISHING THE ROTARY DERBY THIS WEEKEND.WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME PICS AND POSTS.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: good luck to all rotary registrants

Post by Reelax »

Good luck to all.... don’t fish this anymore, but it should be a good weekend for those who do...
Matt B
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

day 1 was a bust for us my son and i went 0 for 6 on salmon with 4 coming on cheaters, our team mates were 0 for 3 losing a good size salmon. tommorrow we will challenge the 14 to 20 mph winds by mixing things up with some dead sticking jigging and trolling where we can.
we had some big follows today but they take a look and shy away no matter what we threw at them. colors do make a difference and presentation.
Last edited by fishy1 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
philb
Species: coldwater

Post by philb »

We only boated 7 lakers our biggest 10.1 pounds very slow bite for us our most productive lure was a diamond king red tipped silver body i will never figure out why fish go after 1 particular color?

Hopefully tomorrow will bring better results?

Thanks Phil B Trolling B’s
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

day 2 saturday gusty winds all day made for tough fishing our plan was to target salmon again in 100 to 220 fow up north. our teammates in their boat would stay south in the 20 to 80 fow . my son and i started along the shore line in 100 fow and charting some fish but not consistant so we went out in the channel and found bait and fish everywhere from 40 to 200 fow. so the plan was to work this all day until evening. ist long pass a release and off it came. went down to the 66 fow and turned around and nothing against the wind. changed lures colors to put on a fishy1 bee a crazy ivan morning glory and 2 trout pattern bees. then comeing back down the long run the dipsey fired and fish on my son lands a nice 20 plus inch salmon. put it in the box went a little farthur and the lead core fired with and fish on about half way in the salmon came towards the boat and leaped right over the rollers at least 3 foot and off it came. not a big salmon but still a salmon. had another release on the rigger soon after. then that would do it for the day out there. about 4:30 pm we decided to scout the shore line for sunday morning since the derby ends at noon. we found fish stacked all along the shore line in 20 to 45 fow. had one release then about 7 pm or so as we got close to the launch i saw something on the surface that i thought was a log but it turned out to be a huge laker in 15 fow chasing bait. yelled to my son who was busy picking up i said leave everything in and shallow. then he sees another laker surface . we decided to make 2 short passes. as we went over where the biggest one busted water the dipsey fired right under the boat with the rod doubled over twice but no taker. ugh. we made one more pass and nothing and went home. not a great day battling the wind . our speed was the biggest problem since we dont have a fish hawk.
here is matt with his salmonImage
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

sunday we fished 4 hours with only 3 releases on the cheaters in the 20 to 60 fow along the shore line. we found lots of fish there saturday night but not much sunday morning. they dissapeared. we ran our gps lines from the night before and marked spots but sunday was a different thing. water was calm also . we saw several salmon busting water . we checked out a big hump in 80 fow and came up to 25 fow where we used to shore fish the fish were stacked but couldnt get them to bite. as i look at our weekend of fishing the rotary it was probably the worse fishing i ever had on champlain ever. our team mates got skunked all 3 days and others to. looking back we could have targeted lakers but our best chance was the salmon division as the top 5 were only a little over 5 lbs. on to the lci fathers day derby with my team my son daughter-in- law and my granddaughter alayna. alayna and i will be fishing from shore and with mom and dad in the boat. then on monday alayna and i might fish with harry (hairbone) in his boat. alyana won 10 th place in the childrens divsion last year and were hoping she gets a chance to do better this year. she will be 8 years old.