8061.jpeg
8061.jpeg (160.88 KiB) Viewed 5803 times
8059.jpeg
8059.jpeg (115.23 KiB) Viewed 5803 times
Sawyer
Species: All

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish

Post by Sawyer »

It's nice to see Walleyes come from the VT side. Thanks Matt for showing us your catch. Also a thanks to C-Hawk for posting your Pic's
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Great job to both Fishy and C-Hawk
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

7/20/2018 hit the other side of the big pond again. fished with 1 rod dragging bottom in 25 fow with not much luck at this spot i did catch 4 small sheephead 2 small catfish and some yellow perch but it was a slow 3 hours. going to hit this spot again on a cloudy day hoping to get into some good size walleyes.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/21/2018 headed back over across the big pond today to fish a different spot in much deeper water for walleyes and pan fish. started fishing at 6:45 am under a tree in the shade. 2 worm rods set up on bottom with whole crawlers . caught a few small bullhead until 8:15 am when my right rod threw the stone i had on the line as i leave me bails open now not much room here so i closed the bail and the rod doubled over with the fish headed up at a very fast pace just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing the drag . he got aobut 25 yards up and he started to rise at a very fast pace still when it let go. ugh! i am sure it was going to bust water. will never know what it was but it sure felt like i had a king salmon on. wow very fast and powerful. what could it have been a steelhead, salmon or a pike? im glad i keep my bails open had 2 break offs up farthur last week because the bails were closed. quit fishing at 11:25 am landing 11 yellow perch 9 bullhead and 1 other good run that i missed.
i saw laker taker go by at 11 am
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/23/2018 well alayna got to fish with me today and she wanted to go and catch some big white perch. wayne told us they were on fire up north. so after stopping at dunkin donuts getting a coffee :D and some donuts we hit the lake at 8 am . set up with sinkers and crawlers one rod each and it wasnt long i land a nice white perch 13 inches 2 minutes later alayna catches a 13 incher and one more after that and they gave a super fight . then it slowed but we still caught some whites and some small yellow perch and alayna caught a red fin sucker. my daughter last evening caught a 2 lb plus white perch and wayne caught 2 just over 2 lbs. jeff will post my pics including my daughters white perch estimated at 2 and half pounds. she released it. alayna had a blast and we kept 16 white perch and 5 nice yellows. hope to be joining wayne this week for some more pan fishing. alayna and i saw some nice bass caught also. our bait man fmb bait and tackle will be getting the fillets.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Matt's pic's
Attachments
8206.jpeg
8206.jpeg (119.03 KiB) Viewed 5632 times
8201.jpeg
8201.jpeg (71.91 KiB) Viewed 5632 times
8199.jpeg
8199.jpeg (133.86 KiB) Viewed 5632 times
8197.jpeg
8197.jpeg (108.14 KiB) Viewed 5632 times
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Thay are Hogs Matt/Alayna.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Great work!!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/24/2018 went back up north with alayna and wayne joined us. very slow day as the bite wasnt there today for the big whites. alayna caught 3 bullhead 2 real big ones. we caught some small perch and wayne got broke off by a big fish. around 1 pm a rod doubled over grabbed it and fish on and a big one with the drag on fire . alayna scrambled to pull in the other rods and wayne ran scrambled for a net in his trunk. what a battle then when we finally seen what was on the end of the line we all were stunned a huge eel probably close to 4 ft long and as round as a baseball bat. ugh. wayne snipped the line and let it go. sorry traci if you were here would have kept it for you. it was dark green with a yellowish belly. i havent caught one that big in years.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Alanya's pics of the day
Attachments
18972.jpeg
18972.jpeg (128.92 KiB) Viewed 5544 times
18934.jpeg
18934.jpeg (98.49 KiB) Viewed 5544 times
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Matt did i ever ask you if you have ever eaten an eel ?
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:Matt did i ever ask you if you have ever eaten an eel ?
no you never asked but i have ate plenty of them but not since the 1960,s and 70,s . we would tack them to a tree skin them cut them in chunks par boil them and then fry them. dont want to deal with them anymore.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

fishy1 wrote:
Sawyer wrote:Matt did i ever ask you if you have ever eaten an eel ?
no you never asked but i have ate plenty of them but not since the 1960,s and 70,s . we would tack them to a tree skin them cut them in chunks par boil them and then fry them. dont want to deal with them anymore.
The tree would have been the best part
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/25/2018 hit the other side of the big pond this morning solo. got a private message over the weekend from a member that spotted me fishing there . the message was a tip that if i fished 50 to 60 feet farthur down i would be in a hole with a bank and depth would be 20 fow. paced it off and started fishing at 6:30 am with bites almost immediately with good size yellow perch. was using 2 worm rods but the right one kept getting hung up so had to toss but up from me. fished 3 hours with a steady bite of bullhead yellow perch 4 small sheephead 2 smallmouths and 1 mullet. and yes 2 eels at the same time and they made for one big mess. :roll: i dont know if my lines were in the right spot in the hole or not. no fishing boats came by to ask them for depth info. ill have to bring my portable fish hawk over to find out i think. thats whats great about lake champlain united members sharing and more.