Brown trout?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
CanadianFisherman
Species: Lake Trout, Salmon, Walleye

Brown trout?

Post by CanadianFisherman »

Going fishing tomorrow, would love to “target” some brown trout... I haven’t had real good luck at all at brown trout... any suggestions? Gear? Speed? Location... location would be good.
CanadianFisherman
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Brown trout?

Post by C-Hawk »

They will be where you find salmon. Sometimes if you find salmon in shallow water, you may pick up a brown at or near bottom in the same area. I learned this when I dropped down and thought I might get a Laker.
spinner
Species: salmon

Post by spinner »

If you go out on the lake 100 times you might catch a couple. If you go to Joe's Brook in Danville you will better luck
hard knox

Post by hard knox »

Its really to bad the dnr do not stock more browns in the lake the would do well as the feed on alot of types of food sources and live much longer then salmon and get much larger . Recently took my 80 year old father to Oswego and we went 19 for 21 all browns from 4 to 10 lbs on stick baits of boards in 12 to 20 feet of water . He was like a little kid we had a blast it was nice to see him so happy after a long winter i wish they would stock more of them in Champlain .
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Run longer leads 100+ feet off riggers or boards
So many Lures So little Time
FATHEAD

Post by FATHEAD »

Try 75 feet of fluorocarbon with a Barrell swivel then a lighter fluorocarbon leader and a snap with a Crazy Ivan Hot Hooker and attach that to 1 color of leadcore line with backing on a reel and pole works great for me with browns a lot are caught in the fall winter months as well as spring with this method. Line lining stick baits Yozuri purple brown trout is the best in early spring is deadly for salmon and browns we got a 7 pound brown this winter /spring on this set up. Good luck!!
FATHEAD

Post by FATHEAD »

Here is the 7 pound brown!!
Attachments
838DECA1-BC68-47E9-9CAD-E6634AEB8440.jpeg
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Some great advice from Fathead! Browns on Champlain just like Rainbows are incidental catches while fishing for salmon. Week day fishing is best away from weekend boat traffic. We have taken 4 browns this year so far. If one were targeting Browns I would recommend Fair Haven to Oswego Mid April to Mid May over on the big O.

Champlain Brown taken a few days ago:

spinner

Post by spinner »

I was out in the dead sea Thursday 5/24 and I did pick up a brown in the corner by the sand bar. It came off a silver mooselook with pink tape off the boards and let it go. I also picked up two yellow perch and a northern. I went out the following Saturday and launch at van Everest and trolled the Georgia shore to the sand bar in the rain and got off at 11:30 just before the big down pour NADA
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

High Adventure Charters out of Oswego this morning on Facebook. Limit upon Limit. He has openings he said. Capt. Troy Creasy. Great guy! My sister and b-inlaw chartered with him 20 years ago. Is that Cowboy there in a cameo appearance? :)

Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Spinner ... We picked up a 16" brown yesterday in the same vicinity, just south of Eagle Mtn. Not sure what brand the spoon was ... brown/copper with white back. 10' down over 35' trolling 2.5mph. Biggest brown we've caught on the lake as the others have been fresh stockies. He was released to get bigger.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

There were pictures on Facebook this morning of 2 browns caught yesterday on the inland sea seems they are in there
spinner

Post by spinner »

Yup Shaun. I will not see you in the parking lot at work. Leaving at 4am to take a nap then go burn some gas very light south wind in the am turning to 10 out of the south. I have not put a ball in the water yet maybe tomorrow.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Good luck today, Spinner! Looks like a nice day for it. I probably won't be able to get back out until Sunday.
DeepSpruce
Species: LT, LLS, BT, ST, RT

Post by DeepSpruce »

https://content.govdelivery.com/account ... ns/1f10e8c

Maybe DEC will plant makeup browns next year, now that LLS from Adirondack Hatchery have been decimated.