Sunday Report

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Butcher
Species: cold water

Sunday Report

Post by Butcher »

Had a pretty good day Sunday.
Cold start but no wind made it bearable. Warmed up quickly with the sun. Fish were pretty steady from 7am-12 then a breeze came up and we couldn't find them.

that dead alewives thing is pretty crazy!! Especially the ones kibbying out on the surface... Hard to put a presentation together that looks like more like a dying baitfish than a dying baitfish....

Fish came from surface to 2 colors. Sticks and spoons were about 50/50. no particular color seemed better than any other. Tried to keep it under 2.

went 9-11. Lots of lamprey damage this year. Steelhead had the largest I've seen in person, over 14 inches.

fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Sunday Report

Post by fishy1 »

great job. what color is your boat i think you were out in front of me a couple times. i did pretty well today on shore there will post soon. those are some nice salmon
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Thanks Matt!

16.5 foot G3, grey and maroon.

really good to be on the water again!!!
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Nice looking chunky fish
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great report and pics... thanks for the looks...
Matt B
Cleveland Danny
Species: Walleye, Pike, Steelhead, Bass

Post by Cleveland Danny »

Hey Butcher thanks for the report! Me and two buddies are coming up to Champlain for our second spring trip. We're from Ohio. Last year we focused on pike and bass (we are catch and release anglers) and did pretty well in the bays. We'd like to expand to trout and salmon though and were wondering if you could help point us in the right direction. We have downriggers, dipsy's and in-line planers. Any help would be appreciated. And if you're ever out towards Lake Erie I'd be glad to help you out here. Thanks!
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

My suggestion would be to stay close to this forum!!! I am from NH and don't get to fish there nearly as much as I would like...

There are a bunch of guys on here that can see the changes in the lake daily and this time of year things are changing that fast!!!!

there was a pretty large fleet out the day i was there. Not that it always means something, but those guys are there for a reason...
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Wow!,, great job!
Todd