Westport - 3/31

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Westport - 3/31

Post by ChessieMan »

Desperately needed a "fishin' fix" so I called Scott and said "Meet me at Cumberland Farms, 6:15" and he did - we had a good chat on the way north not having seen each other in a couple months. Fishy told me Port Henry was "iced in" and it was so we continued to Westport - got here at 7:30 and there were 3 trailers in the lot.

Drop in, started up and headed to Scotch Bonnet - fished through little sections of skim ice - no bites. Headed to Diamond and ran through a huge pile of flotsam and a mud line - poked around the line but no bites. Crossed and went up to Whalons to get out of the wind which had a little bite to it - no bites.

Smoked back to Westport, fished the breaks on the south side - no bites. This is what the boat looked like when we launched

And this is how it looked when we hauled out, it still was a day of fishing and it was made better by Scott's company and the smoked goose breast, venison and cheese he brought along - we'll fet 'em next time.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Westport - 3/31

Post by fishy1 »

talked to others chessieman that were trolling north of where you were 0 hits in 5 hours.
fishnazi
Species: salmon

Post by fishnazi »

My friend Tim and I had the same results trolling south of Westport around Barber around 7am. The wind was calm, the sun felt great, the coffee was hot, and everything was working as it should. We had zero hits. We pulled the lines, drove to Port Henry to view the ice, turned north and trolled thru fishville with zero hits. Water temp 34F, skim ice here and there, all in all a nice morning on the lake to start the season.
Combsey
Species: Lakers salmon

Post by Combsey »

I to was out of Westport. The pontoon boat that was trolling around. Marked some good suspended fish off the bait but couldn't get a bite.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

You all make me feel better! I had the same results in townfarm
Trouttracker
Species: Trout/salmon

Post by Trouttracker »

Fished Westport toda.. nice day but no takers. Trolled various sized spoons and sticks with a few flasher/flies to no avail. Anyone else been out? Water temp was cold 37-38 degrees.
David L