Ice Fishing

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
EagleCrag
Species: Trout/Salmon

Ice Fishing

Post by EagleCrag »

Any ice fishermen/women on here? Amazed there isn't a big thread on it with all the hard water anglers out there on LC. I was on Plattsburgh Bay on Tuesday and got into some perch. Had to work a bit for them but found them in 12 - 15 ft of water. For every keeper there were about 6 dinks caught. There was 6 -8 inches of ice until I got out to the end of the sea wall--then it dropped to about 3 inches so I didn't press my luck by going out further.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Ice Fishing

Post by fishy1 »

yes lou there are a few but some havent been out yet like me planning to go soon though with the right ice conditions. port henry is now froze over with some good safe ice. also hope to hit the st lawrence river soon for eyes. lots of the ice fisherman post on ice shanty. windknot (nathan) posted here on his eye catch. hopefully we get some posts soon the from the guys. good luck lou and be safe keep posting. :)
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

When I can't sit in the boat, I sit on a bucket.

Been hitting Saratoga 2-4 days/wk depending on the weather. Ice has been good since Jan 1 and the fishing - I'm mostly jigging panfish off Fitch Rd. - was good until the rain and re-freeze - Mon & Tue this week were plain-out bad - hoping today is better, the frig is empty and I'm wanting a fish fry.

Only 71 days 'til stripers.
EagleCrag
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by EagleCrag »

Went to Lake George Wednesday (14th) off of Hearthstone. Friend caught one laker and we caught about a half dozen perch. Very slow day. Talking to others, it seemed they experienced about the same. If we don't get another cold snap its going to be an early ice out this year I think.
Windknot
Species: Trout, salmon, walleye, bass

Post by Windknot »

I went out last Saturday and fished Willsboro Bay. Big fat zero. Barely saw any movement on the flasher and absolutely no bites despite drilling 20+ holes in depths varying from 5 to 50 fow. I'll try closer to home next time. I enjoy ice fishing but honestly...... I can't wait for April....

fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thanks nathan looking im looking to get out on the ice next week. great pics
pieman9155
Species: trout

Post by pieman9155 »

how much ice on willsboro