Decmber 15 Burrrrr

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Decmber 15 Burrrrr

Post by Surprise »

Al "Fishfarmer" and I were to hook up to fish today and being a more senior member I suggested 10:30 so the sun could come up and start to warm up. 11 degrees. Our plan was to launch at Arnold bay and head to Fishville.

When we got to the ramp the south wind was blowing quite a bit more than we wanted for the ride south so we elected Barbor Point.

Al dropping me in

We headed across and set a spread of 2 discs and 2 riggers 20 + 40 down starting at noon. Water temp 43.5. Lures picked were Watermelon Speedy, Rainbow Speedy, Blue Moon Ivan and Bomb Pop Ivan. Waves started building and soon were breaking sets of 3+ footers and we buried Surprise nose on the south side a couple times icing the bow nicely.

Before the rods were set Al had a salmon on a mini disc/ rainbow speedy. OK then ....well round we went with nothing more.

Barbor Point Light house

1:30 Al says Where is Lunch? Turkey Chili today

Sure we continue lunch and fish ending at 3 pm with 5-18 inch salmon and one laker. Rainbow and Watermelon were the choice today. Kept 3 for dinner fish. Canvas and heater felt real good.

Al picking me back up.

I'm off till Monday

Randy Out
Fish On!
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Re: Decmber 15 Burrrrr

Post by tamiron »

Surprise:

Thanks for the update. I wish I could say that "I wish I was there" but that would be stretching the truth on the weather.

Certainly if you could separate the hospitality, great chow, comradery, and fishing from the cold, this old man would do almost anything to be there!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

was cold out there randy especially with the wind -2 degrees at 7:30 am. randy and crew are true frostbiters
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Looks like January 15th Randy and Al. It's safe to say I think you guys were the only boat on the lake yesterday. Great effort!

I finished the winterizing inside steps during the 8" of snow on Tuesday by pulling the boat out in the driveway and running it yesterday in the balmy 20 degrees temps here in Essex completing that process.

Although this past season started Feb. 28th for us followed by a trip in late March.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

]Jim, Your comment of" I wish I was there" makes me post this fishing joke I received today on the importance of proper spelling too!

Let me tell you friends that one simple spelling

mistake--even a typo--can make your life hell.

I recently texted a short, romantic note to my wife

while I was away on a fishing trip, and I missed

one small "e".

No problem you might say. Not so. This tiny error

has caused me to seek Police protection to enter

my own house.

I wrote,

"Hi darling, I'm enjoying and experiencing the
best time of my whole life, and I wish you were her!”
Fish On!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

LOL :lol:
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

Gahhh!!! Haha that was a good laugh, I once wrote ..."whiting".... Or so I thought I did. A very common catch down south. Wrote "enjoying whiting". Check out what it autocorrects to when you get the chance.