Aboard the Digitrol

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Aboard the Digitrol

Post by C-Hawk »

I was fortunate enough to be invited aboard the Digitrol with Ron today and he put us on a nice number of fish. Launching at Converse, we went 12 for 18, including one scrawny laker hitch hiker. Soon as we got rid of him , the bite picked up again. I had a rare double on with the cheater and the mainline. We used many different colors, but couldnt come up with a pig. One line ripper on the lead might have been it, but I couldn't hear the drag. Ron did, but it was gone. These fish, in the 17-19 range are in beautiful shape, fat , clean and full of spunk. Thanks for a great day Ron and sorry I was a little late. Need to add 15 minutes to my timing to gt over to Converse next time.
C-Hawk

Re: Aboard the Digitrol

Post by C-Hawk »

Forgot to mention that we saw a beautiful 8 pounder in the parking lot, caught by one of our northern brothers. He was fishing all day in an open boat, a well deserved fish.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

great report jeff . glad you had a great time with ron. i have been missing alot but hopeing soon to get in on the action . im glad to be in the loop though with there texts and pics . the frostbite fleet are such great fisherman and a dedicated group to say the least . im lucky to be a member of this great forum. what did you and ron have for lunch. :D
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Fun time today Jeff. 5 boats on the water today. A very nice 24" fat salmon the Quebec father / son team showed us at the launch as it was caught on a Crazy Ivan "Blue Moon". That lure is on fire two days in a row. I might buy a dozen! Thanks for making that early 3 hour 15 minute trip from Mass. in the early hours. Not bad action for 5 hours of trolling! :)

Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Seems almost every day lately someone is catching a big fish. Nothing wrong with that ;)
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

My lunch menu was a fine cut of prime roast beef, from our local supermarket, served on two heavily mayonaised slices of wonder bread. Garnished with Ruffles Potato chips. This is the same lunch i had at work yesterday, the same lunch i will have at work tomorrow, and the same lunch i had at at work 40 years ago. Don't mess with a good thing. Besides, i can put my sandwich on the floor, and reel in a fish.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

C-Hawk wrote:My lunch menu was a fine cut of prime roast beef, from our local supermarket, served on two heavily mayonaised slices of wonder bread. Garnished with Ruffles Potato chips. This is the same lunch i had at work yesterday, the same lunch i will have at work tomorrow, and the same lunch i had at at work 40 years ago. Don't mess with a good thing. Besides, i can put my sandwich on the floor, and reel in a fish.
FUNNYImage
my lunch today
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

dam,was hoping to here about an 11lber!!!!!lol,nice day of fishing guys,keep up the good work
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Hey Matt, you skinny guys need to eat more than us fat guys. That sure looks like a great burger and when I'm up that way I will have one too!
Nice job on your fishing season Finsntns, you need to get a Champlain boat or come over and beg a ride with these guys, just have a long face and you can go too!
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Now that I'm home nursing my Laphroaig, and musing about a 400 round mile trip for a wonderful day of fishing, I'm reflecting back 40 years when I would drive 400 miles for women, beer, and maybe a salmon. Now I will only drive 400 miles for a salmon. Is there something wrong with me?
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

That lure has been the lure that 3/4 6+ pound fish I have caught in the last year has come on... not the ivan version, but a datillios one. It is my go to lure and absolutely hammers the fish!!!! Glad to see people are hammering them... wish I hadn't put the boat up!
freshguy
Species: landlocksalmon

Post by freshguy »

C-Hawk wrote:Now that I'm home nursing my Laphroaig, and musing about a 400 round mile trip for a wonderful day of fishing, I'm reflecting back 40 years when I would drive 400 miles for women, beer, and maybe a salmon. Now I will only drive 400 miles for a salmon. Is there something wrong with me?
I assure you, there is NOTHING wrong with you!!
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Absolutely Slammed the Ontario spring Browns on that lure, as well as the same in orange and chartreuse colors. Blue is a killer. Little spinners with a lot of blue nail native stream Browns for me. Personally I think it's because it's very visible, maybe unnaturally so. When still hunting with a friend who may be walking several hundred yards away wearing little orange (his choice), I can pick up his blue jeans through the woods like a neon sign. Noticing this years ago I decided to always get my arrows for the recurve bow fletched with at least one blue feather - you would be shocked to see how easy those arrows are to find when they've been shot into the grass near the target (yes I do that a lot). So while a guy I know who writes for a fishing magazine insists about lures "it's 10 percent color, 90 percent presentation", maybe a color that gets noticed that is not necessarily natural may be a hot choice when the light is right for it. And Jeff, I can't spell Laphroag without looking at the bottle, but another fine choice!
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Blue is the only primary color that doesn't appear naturally. Lucky for me I had the bottle in front of me, but I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than frontal labotomy.