Port Henry - 12/6

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 12/6

Post by ChessieMan »

A very odd day today, hit snow at Ti but it cleared and lake and weather was pretty nice when I launched.

No hits for the first 90 minutes, not much bait, no bird activity - worked up VT side and about 3/4 mile south of Rock Island out in 110 FoW picked up 4 quick lakers, one 28" others 22"-24", 2 each on Purple/black and Wonder Bread.

Crossed to Dudley and fished the break - nothing. Went up to Scotch Bonnet, just as I was coming up out of 160 to 140 - Pow! hooked up to a real leaper - grey hounded a couple times Oh Boy - dinner - Yup, it was dinner until I knocked it off with the net - I'm guessing 20" maybe 21" - hooked up a 16" shaker between the green can and Basin Harbor.

Then the wind came up, the snow came down and for a minute or so, I couldn't see Westport - snow stopped, but wind didn't - got a little nasty mid-lake - worked Dudley south on my way back.

I think I would have done better if I went right to Scotch Bonnet, more bait there especially on the north side of the green can.

Think I'll try that Sat. if the weather holds.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Port Henry - 12/6

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Jessie for your report.
Be safe on the water... it's getting colder.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)