Port Henry - 11/15

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/15

Post by ChessieMan »

My ice fishing partner Don, was today’s guest on the Money Pit and what a time we had – Don catching (and missing) fish and me watching Don catch and miss fish.

Started on my usual #'s on the NY side - hour with no bites, head east working the 90-100' line, about 1/2 way across - we pop a double right on a WayPoint from 2 weeks ago - OK, got - made 8 passes over about a 3/4 mile spot and got 16 releases between 9:45 and 11:30 - then we picked until 1:15

Don’s line score today was - 11 landed, 23 hits, 12 misses

I got tired of hearing – Oop’s – Had’em, and be assured, he heard about it too. But, when he did manage to get one to the boat, it was a dandy like this - 22”, 4# Land-locked salmon

Lure of the day – Hands-down, no contest accounting for 18 of the 23 releases – Purple/Black Honey Bee.

I'll be back as soon as I can get a weather forecast that I can believe.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Port Henry - 11/15

Post by fishy1 »

what an awsome day you and don had chessieman. black/purple bee has been a hot one seems like all summer to. i just stocked up with them from jim martino last week. . fmb was sold out also
i would rather be missing then not releases at all. :lol: oh and dont listen to the weather man this year.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Great Job ChessieMan...that lure is a great choice anytime...as is the PPE. That lure (purple/black split) is an older pattern and the problem with some people is they get hung up on "Ooh, that's last year lure" and they retire really good lures in search of the "new hot lure". The white/blue split is one of Jim's oldest and that still catches fish, but no one talks about it (especially on Ontario).. Go with the classics and you won't go wrong...If it doesn't sell or produce, the lure companies won't keep or produce it so keep that in mind.
freshguy
Species: landlocksalmon

Post by freshguy »

I was curious to know what color the back of purple/black honey bee.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

freshguy wrote:I was curious to know what color the back of purple/black honey bee.

99 % I know are white back
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Yup - white - it was a standard #140, size MP6

Down 20'-25', 2.7-3.1 MpH, 8# fluoro

I plan on doing it again this Wed if the weather holds