Frostbite frenzy

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Frostbite frenzy

Post by Controlled chaos »

Hit the road at 2:45am with my buddy Bosco, stopped in southern VT to pick up my secret weapon at 330am and soon we landed in Burlington and stopped for breakfast were I proceeded to explain my game plan for first light. I was going to put in at shelburne and run across the lake to wilsboro and put all my eggs in one basket but when I arrived at the landing I realized I might be making a mistake, so I decided to head to converse and go we're I had found a lot of bait but no takers two weeks previously. We idled around till I located bait down 60' and great marks between 40' and 60', as soon as we had gear in the water it was fish on! I had a gray ghost fly behind a dodge on leadcore ... I reeled up about 5 colors and fish was off, nice fish lost... after inspection the fish straightened the tandem hook... after that we never got all our gear in without a fish on!
About 9am the fishing started to slow so we dropped riggers to 85' and 100' ... bite was immediately back on! Lots of lakers and salmon. Year classes were all over the board from 13-16" salmon and 5 were between 3-4 lbs, all fat and sassy salmon! And then we had a rigger fire and did it make a mess of the lines, so we slowed a bit to fix mess and bang! 85' rigger fires while team was trying to un talgle the messs I grabbed the rod and this fish is wild! Leaping for moon! Got her in the net and boy was I excited! Best day so far this year for me. The lures of the day wer the gray ghost fly,mp6 PPE and small honey bee wonderbread. The salmon we kept were packed full of small alewives 2" long. We ended the day with 17 salmon and 26 lakers, biggest being a 6.05 salmon,I was glad to meet a few more great guys at the weigh in and can't wait to come back in a couple weeks! Stay safe out there frostbite fleet and best of luck to ya!!
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Frostbite frenzy

Post by fishy1 »

wow john that was a fun day. great report you got my adrenaline going for sure. it was good to meet you at the barbecue your not a stranger to me now . on the water you will have to look for me mostly on the shore except times on the weekend. the black/purple combinations are really hot for the last month. good luck in your next outing. :D
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

nice report thanks and second place Salmon?
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

Way to go John. Thanks for sharing tip to drop riggers deeper to 85-100'. That really helped us get into salmon. And congrats on your near winning salmon. Finally good to see you and Andy again and to meet Bosco.

Tom
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice showing guys... Long drive and great results.... Glad to see you at the BBQ and hear the stories of the good bite.

Fish on!
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Congratulations on a great day of fishing! Nice to meet you John. Let us all know when you come up again( so we can follow you around).
Laker
Species: Trout& salmon

Post by Laker »

Congrats on a great day!! Nice to see that boat again and to meet you and your crew. Crazy world!
Good luck,Stay safe
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Welcome Aboard:

Nice to meet and speak with you. You entered VERY respectable fish and you Know how to Catch Them!

Glad you and Crew had a good time as we all did . Please come and show us some of the tricks to catch the truly Big ones. Fishing really turns on after Thanksgiving. 42Deg is my Magic number.

Please PM me your address as I owe you a Frostbite Hat. Randy
Fish On!
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

Can't thank enough people for a great experience. I feel grateful to have been able to be on the water with a few of the North countries most acomadating fisherman this year. Great event hosted by even greater characters! Good show. Thanks for the stories Boss
A White
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Andy, your welcome aboard Reelax anytime. You and John really had a strong showing and would both do well to move closer to Converse. A 3.5 hr drive can take a bite out of trolling time:)
Matt B
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

CONTROLLED CHAOS:

GREAT JOB AND CONGRATS. THANKS FOR SHARING!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

Appreciate that Matt. Looking forward to being out again. Fish on
A White