Port Henry - 11/4

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/4

Post by ChessieMan »

Got to PH early because I expected there to be a few others launching to participate in the Frost Bite - I was wrong - not a sole there. Loaded and launched before the sun edged over the horizon and flew up to Wed's #'s - and Wow! There was more bait there than Wed and it was shallower - 45'-60'
down - "We're gonna be catching today" I said to Rich - Boy that just PO'd Mother Nature! I had the "Flying Fickle Finger of Fate" pointing at me for the rest of the day!

I couldn't raise a fish out of those bait balls running 20-30' down, so I went down to their level and didn't get a bite then either.

We put on a lot of miles, crossed NY >Vt>NY>VT between 7:30 and noon and had but one 16" LT to show for it. Finally, I saw some loons and terns working the water and as I approached the spot the port rod fired and after a Cluster-F____ that included Rich putting the rod down to grab the net, we got what was to be our one and only LLS in the boat, a fat 18" that had 17 smelt in its' stomach.

Working the same area, following the birds around we managed this LT that made Rich smile - which is all I really wanted.

We missed a couple more releases and before we knew it, it was 2:30 and time to go home. A great day on the water fishing with Rich, but another lousy day of catching.

I'll be back Wed or Thurs - they gotta bite sometime!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Port Henry - 11/4

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report... keep at em...
Matt B
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Great Report ChessieMan...don't get dis-courage, just keep on changing the program until something fires....If there is bait there will be fish there to eat it.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Thanks for the report! Glad you got a salmon, and it's always encouraging to hear about smelt. One of these days I'm gonna figure out how to catch them again.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

keep at it chessieman there starting to heat up. good luck wednesday if you come up.