Port Henry Instead

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Port Henry Instead

Post by C-Hawk »

What a day, I was intending to fish Willsboro, and you can inside the bay in a stiff south wind, but when I saw it was gusting to 43, I chickened out. I have fished near the red can at Willsboro in 32 mph, but solo, I just couldn't do it ( Bryan was busy and I know he would have gone) but this time of year , if you are not in sight of the can, you are not catching fish. So, after some boat repairs from yesterdays beating, including a sagging dashboard that was nearly in my lap, a almost falling off transducer, I decided 30 mph winds would be a lot easier to handle at Port Henry than the long build up of Willsboro. However, 3 footers are 3 footers no matter where you are.

I never got on the water until 1 or so, and every time I got North enough to hit the dropoff, I started wondering what am I doing out here? Elm point had a ton of bait and I would assume perch up top to every other fish this Lake holds to bottom, 40fow. Every time I tried to head to the NY side the wind just killed me. Finally I picked up a small salmon 35 down off Potash Point, and with the skunk off, I rejoiced. Tomorrow is still in the air, but probably Westport. Today there was a 1 foot chop right up the boat ramp here. Still a great vacation, and getting out today was entirely invigorating, and beat the he'll out of sitting in the hotel room.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Port Henry Instead

Post by C-Hawk »

By the way, if you are in Westport, the Hotel has a pretty good selection of single malts.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Jeff gets the "Wanna fish real bad" award this week!!!
Nice post
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

you stuck it out until 5:30 p.m. . showers today with 7 mph west/southwest wind predicted for down here.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

"What am I doing out here?" Haha I've been there too! Nice report, glad you got a salmon for your adventurousness.