Converse and Beyond

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Converse and Beyond

Post by C-Hawk »

Launched at Converse with one of my favorite fishing partners at 8 this morning and made a ride to New York. A long ride for not much, but after a while we had some releases. Finally caught a couple of fat salmon in the 17" range , the size I am encouraged to see. Got a little rough for a while and we headed closer to home. After not being on the water for 7 weeks, maybe the longest absence of my burgeoning career, it was a blast for me. A couple of stories that I cant can't resist telling; while pissing , my side fired and I told Bryan to grab it. After finding nothing there, I querried him if he would have held my other rod instead had it been a good fish. He of course replied in the negative, but it left me wondering what lengths a good fishing partner would go to for each other. I fished solo in the afternoon and picked up a couple of decent lakers, one had a big lamprey, saw an eagle, saw a lot of fish on the screen in Whallons. Went back to Tohmpsons and found a lot of bait stacked up against Garden. By then it was starting to pile up 3 footers from the south and I called it quits. At the ramp and in front of Dave and the Seanile crew, who were bailing me out in a tough south wind, I decided to take a bath in 50 degree water. Sat right down in a foot of water. After 8 hours on the water, a perfect ending. But , no complaints! Wait til tomorrow when I fish Willsboro in 10 to 30 gusts! November fishing is the most fun and I am so glad I can be here most years for this week.

Thanks for putting up with me Bryan
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Converse and Beyond

Post by Reelax »

Sounds like a shakedown day... Bet it felt good to get in a float after 7 weeks... Thanks for the report... See ya Sat.
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

jeff thanks for the report and the bath. :lol: i wasnt going to mention it to anyone. :lol: still sounds like i missed a fun day sorry i couldnt make it out but will join you at another time. rain today all day stay dry. again thanks for the invite yesterday.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Nice report Jeff, sounds like a lot of my days on the water...better luck at the shoot out.
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Nice Report. That water temp must have woke you right up.
How are the water levels at the Converse launch?
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

Great report Jeff! Can't wait till shootout, never been but sounds like a blast, and my crew is ready!
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

The water levels at Converse are ok. You just need to trim it up and get over the hump , about 15 ft. Stay closer to shore than the moorings. Controlled Chaos, introduce yourself at the barbeque!