Port Henry - 11/1

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/1

Post by ChessieMan »

Back at it again this morning, this time with my pal Scott - my lucky charm - unfortunately, his luck tank was empty today. Started on the NY side where I had the bite last Friday, worked that area for 90 minutes, not a hint of a fish, not nearly the marks I saw last week.

Headed east to Elm Point, about 1/2 way across Pop goes the dipsy rod - Scott grabs it, Fish on!, Fish Off! Ooops- Fish On again - this goes on all the way to the boat when all of a sudden Mr. Salmon decides that something in fact is wrong and goes "nutso" 5 feet back of the boat with the dipsy flying all over the place, but we got 'em a fat 16"er. Wonder Bread Bee.

OK, broke the ice, let's get some more - lots of fish north of Elm Point 15-20 down over 40 ft - but no takers, no clue as to what flavor they were. Up to Rock Island, had a "whack and drop" just before the island off a rigger down 20 w/Sunrise Speedi.

2 hours no bites, worked all the way back down to Elm Point, started across to NY side, lots of birds working about 1/4 mile north in deep water, went up and found scattered bait 10'-15' down and huge schools of something at 120 - no bites - got to Friday's #'s and had another "whack and drop" on rigger Blue/nickel Speedi.

1:00 PM heading south - take a fat 14" LLS on Blue/silver Speedi in 50' FOW in front of Beaver Brook - 1:30 - time to go home.

Some days they bite, some days they don't - apparently, today was a "Don't Day".

Water temp dropped from 54.6F Friday to 50.8F today

Still panning on fishing Saturday, weather permitting
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Port Henry - 11/1

Post by Reelax »

Wow surface at 50... they could be anywhere.......
Matt B
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Nice Report ChessieMan, you did what you were suppose to do, did you drop a line down in that deep "bait ball" ? Keep at it, with water temps dropping like that they can be anywhere as Reelax indicated.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

good report chessieman . sounds to me like the fish are moving. water temperature in essex today was 53 degrees. keep at them .