Port Henry - 10/27

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 10/27

Post by ChessieMan »

Launched at 7:15 and idled out into the lake with friend Dave. On a "hot" tip, headed to Elm Point and had lines down by 7:30, lake calm, lite wind, sunny and warming - didn't get any better - and I mean that weather didn't change and fish didn't bite - marked a couple here and there, but no bait. Worked in/out 30'-90' from Elm Point to Potash Bay without a release.

Not being as dumb as I look, I headed over to the NY side and got on #'s from last year, and you know what? We found bait, then we got a release which Dave lost after about 2 minutes. Missed our next bite too! Then we got our Sh_t together and landed 7 LLS 14"-18" between 11:20-12:30. All fish were taken 20'-25' down, 2.8-3.1 Mph heading north, could not catch a cold going south.

All fish on Sunrise Speedi, or Blue/Nickel Speedi - nothing else seemed to work tried Bee's in black/purple, wonderbread, fire tiger.

Planning on doing some more searching Wed, weather permitting. Having problems with getting pic's to load.

See you on the lake.
freshguy
Species: landlocksalmon

Re: Port Henry - 10/27

Post by freshguy »

Good report CheesieMan. Nice to see you did find them. We will be fishing next week from Sunday to Thursday. Staying in Shelburne, so will probably launch at Converse. Really wanted to make Frostbite Kickoff, but my partner is from VA and will be travelling on the 4th. We will check in while there. Good Luck to all the Frostbiters on Saturday!!
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Thanks for the report, good job locating the fish...
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Post by DrCaddis »

Thanks for the report. ...just got back from Natonal ffa convention in Indy and can't wait to get on the lake again this weekend. Probably go out of Willsboro bay or port Douglas and troll corlear bay area. Always had good luck there with these,water temps. Thanks again...will post positive or negative. .good luck