Hatchery brook 10/13

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Matt
Species: Any

Re: Hatchery brook 10/13

Post by Matt »

riddlervt wrote:Make this as well as all of the tributaries CATCH AND RELEASE only Sept 1st-Jan 1st.
Snaggers will virtually disappear if they cant kept what they snag. That way real fisherman can still enjoy the sport.
Riddler
Ahhh another hatchery thread, lol.

Snagging will continue - fly fishermen do it there too. The place disgusts me for the most part. Luckily as anglers progress over time, they no longer feel the need to go flossing and snagging at the hatchery, and catch fish legally elsewhere. At least that is something I have witnessed a few times. Those fish can be caught....but people don't know how, so they resort to snagging.
Honest John
Species: All interested parties

Post by Honest John »

Matt wrote:
Ahhh another hatchery thread, lol.

Snagging will continue - fly fishermen do it there too. The place disgusts me for the most part. Luckily as anglers progress over time, they no longer feel the need to go flossing and snagging at the hatchery, and catch fish legally elsewhere. At least that is something I have witnessed a few times. Those fish can be caught....but people don't know how, so they resort to snagging.
Couldn't agree more.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

At least you fly guys are more apt to release an intentionally or otherwise snagged fish. Maybe as I mentioned earlier, through your organizations, and social contacts could help get the word out.